how can you get crews back to guns etc.???

I bought this games years ago played a few times and now am coming back to it, I really like it.

couple of questions

can you ever get a rallied tank crew to go back in the tank?

Also I had a ATG crew that got panicked but then rallied right by their gun, I was able to give them orders but they wouldn't reman the gun, is their an order to give to have them recrew the gun, they would have had a great shot at a PzIV on the rear.

thanks all

steve

No, "rallied" crews never go back to manning their equipment. Abandonment like as not means the equipment is disabled anyway. A crew should be kept alive to avoid giving the enemy extra knockout points, but has near zero combat ability of any kind. Just a few pistols to defend their immediate area, and that weakly. Hide them or get them to the rear and safety. All they are good for.

I've found crews to be quite handy holding in good cover. You can get as many as six? from a largish gun, hiding in a foxhole at the back of a patch of woods. They might just be holding a corner of a defense position, but in command they can help by providing another squad/obstacle for the opfor.

If the position is hopless, not worth traipsing them halfway across the map, better to send them off.

Originally posted by tankibanki:

It's something different in operations though. I was greatly surprised when one of my guns that was abandoned in the previous battle was back in the following one.

I have no idea what determines whether this happens or not.

I think it is random. Like having damaged or immobile tanks come back. I think each system has a certain chance that it can be temporarily repaired, firing pin removed, or road wheel missing, etc., rather than really broken. As far as I know there is no way to influence this. I have seen bogged tanks removed after a battle and KO'ed tanks with one crew member come back for more.

"and KO'ed tanks with one crew member come back for more."

That was new to me, but I had once the same experience as "tankibanki". In an OP the gun was abandoned and I left the crew beside it - no treat to them. In the next battle they manned it again. (Once in a lifetime?! :eek: )

Originally posted by tankibanki:

It's something different in operations though. I was greatly surprised when one of my guns that was abandoned in the previous battle was back in the following one.

I have no idea what determines whether this happens or not.

If I recall correctly, this would depend on the operational settings regarding "Repairs" & "Supply".

Between battles in an operation damaged tanks can be repaired, I'm assuming guns could be repaired also?

Supply may or may not play a role in this, if it does it would be limited to how much ammo the repaired gun will begin the next battle with.