The AI's view of the CM Battlefield...

99.9% of the CM games that I play are against the AI. Over time I have become adept at making sound tactical decisions and keeping the AI at bay if not whooping it. I almost always give it very large numberic advantages. Worry not, I'm not bragging here.

Just an observation, the players view of the CM battlefield is one of a God, so to speak. I can look at everything that can be seen by one of my units and act accordingly. I realize that there have been many threads on the "Borg Spotting" issue and do not wish to beat that dead horse here. I am also aware of some creative forum members who have come up with rules to limit your view to the lower two levels, in a sense, taking away the players God-Like view of the battlefield.

What view does the AI have of the battlefield? Can it react with it's forces as I do? For example, in any given scenario if I realize that the AI's main thrust is on the right side of the map and I have limited forces on that side, I can very simply shift enough forces to that side to bolster things up a bit. Or at least try to shift the forces to that side. Will the AI do this?

I'm hoping that someone from BFC will give some insight into the AI. Mind you I'm not criticizing anything here, I'm just simply curious. I enjoy playing the AI very much and sometimes when I'm lazy, it makes me pay dearly for my mistakes.

I too have played AI only as well for almost a year. I have played AI to learn about war games tactics in general, as I am a complete conscript in war gaming. The solo AI games allow me to get in a few moves as time allows w/o your turn time pressures.

My 1st human / PBEM game occurred these last few weeks. I must admit my human opponent was more entertaining (AI does not chatter back with PBEM banter) while he gave me a good scrap then a solid spanking.

"What view does the AI have of the battlefield?

I also wonder: What is the average AI variability per turn?

I have reloaded & replayed the same turn vs. AI and obtained some significantly different result w/o changing any unit variables. I read in the manual for CMBB page 176 about Strategic, Operational, Tactical Artificial Intelligence … "mixed with a heavy dose of "fuzzy logic" decision making ensures a variety of play…."

Is the AI "fuzzy logic" variability per turn consistent across CMBO / BB & AK or has it been tweaked?

Doesn’t AI’s view change with FOW setting?