Assistance on scenarios please! 1948-56 wars

I'm gathering info for scenarios for CMAK. One of the areas I'm looking at are the Arab Israeli wars which uses a lot of the equipment of that time.

My request. I work in an Arab country and cannot get to any Israeli site.

Would any brave soul like to look for hebrew language material (maps and oobs in particular on the 48 war of independence and 56 battles)?

In particular I'm looking for a dimly remembered fight in 48? between a few Saudis infantry companies and Israeli militias

Thanks - and yes you will be covered with praise and mentioned in the scenario!

If you are female I will furnish you with a pair of

Madmatts used underwear. (a great gift item and as I understand it a fertility enhancer of the 1st degree)

Originally posted by Hans:

In particular I'm looking for a dimly remembered fight in 48? between a few Saudis infantry companies and Israeli militias

What is the name of the operation are you looking for?

I think it were Jordanian companies(not Saudis) and the fighting took place near Jerusalem. In short give me a name or a date of the operation and I will try to search.

His underwear - their is a small but active group of CM groupies that sell the personal effects of the great ones on ebay.

Saudi battle - I remember dimly from a military briefing back around 1983 that the Saudis had some units in Gaza??? that were overwhelmed by the Israelis. More details I cannot provided.

From my experience elsewhere I believe some of the miniature wargaming clubs might have info on that - they tend (at least in the West) to put up local scenarios

----Hoping we have some Israeli CM players out there.

Thanks to 'Bauer' who has already send some great material by email on the battles in Al Quds - with maps and OOBs - translated from Hebrew - much much appreciated.

Originally posted by Hans:

If you are female I will furnish you with a pair of Madmatts used underwear.

What! You have his underwear? Does that mean he's naked? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do you have any kinds of key words, like month, place or some detail? I tried googling with "1948 israel saudi", but that gave just propaganda pamphlets.

I did get this, though, but I guess it's not what you need:

http://miniatures.de/html/int/toe-1948-israel.html

Hans,

I don't read or write Hebrew, but try these:

FAMOUS TANK BATTLES: From World War I to Vietnam,

Robert J. Icks (AUS Ret.), Doubleday, 1972

Covers Operation Kadesh in 1956 and the 1967 War.

ARAB-ISRAELI WARS, A.J. Barker, Hippocrene Books, 1981

Has excellent pictures and lots of maps.

TANK VERSUS TANK, Kenneth Macksey, Barnes & Noble, 1999

Major coverage of Battle of el Jiradi Pass plus overview of 1967 War.

ISRAELI WAR MACHINE, Ian V. Hogg, Chartwell Books, Inc., 1983

All kinds of photos, map, text in certain sections

will be of interest.

I think the task you've set yourself is admirable, but I see great woes ahead. Consider:

AMX 13 = light tank w/ Panther gun

Centurion = Comet? (not even close)

You can have Stalins (no IS-3s or T-10s) and T-34s, but if you do, you have no Shermans. If you use Sherman Firefly for Super Sherman, then you have

no Russian armor. You're doubly screwed in that the Egyptians had Russian and British AFVs. Worse,

I've seen Israeli Cromwells. How's your armor cloning?

Michael Dorosh's suggestion about wargames is excellent. I'd start by hunting down Avalon Hill's

"Arab Israeli Wars," basically Panzerblitz in a whole new theater. Units are platoons of armor and infantry, batteries of artillery. Battles are tactical and historical. There are other games, of course, and I particularly suggest you start looking for this subject when people put back issues of SPI's STRATEGY & TACTICS up for auction

online. The related game may or may not be there, but I can assure you that Jim Dunnigan and his merry men wrote extensively on the topic you seek. The magazine was positively awash in matters grognard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks

I do have the info on AIW coming in on CD. Yes some challenges on the weapons types - looking to use the Jordans and Egyptians, who mainly had British equipment and the Syrians who had a mishmash to include German