Why is this forum so happy?

the bottom line is that trolling simply isn't tolerated here. if the offender doesn't get shouted out by the membership, the moderators step in and handle the situation. i think the average age helps alot though. most of the members have kids and have learned how to be patient with the immature ones. lol...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Drugs - recreational chemicals.

Everybody here is stoned out of their trees and living in a post-hypnotice psychedaelic hippy wonderland.

Peace man..... :eek:

You can speak for yourself, I've never done drugs or had a drink. :rolleyes: </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

No wonder you're so testy all the time. Everyone's been thinking of asking you to leave. Your aura is disturbing the Feng Shui of our artfully arranged posts.

No no, that's because I am young. No other comment. :D

[ October 20, 2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Who let you out, Seanachai?

You're as bad as Goodale. Get back in the cesspool.

tongue.gif

I am not as bad as Goodale.

I am far more hateful, and I can spell 'pus', for the love of all the gods. Consistently, even.

Where's my postcard filled with hate, you bugger? I get a lot of hate from the UK.

Well, IMO, this forum is nice in a sort of dictator/big brother way. Civility is maintained in most cases by the nature of the game and the passionate approach of the players, but those of us who have been around for any length of time know that things are not as nice as they look on the surface.

The forum is MUCH better than most others but don't look in the basement or ask why the walls are freshly painted. Worse, watch out for the police. Be careful not to run afoul of any self-proclaimed enforcers. When they speak, politely nod your head and mumble something that ends with "comrade" as you shuffle along waiting for your bread for the month and staring at your worn shoes.

Oh, and if you disagree with someone be sure to include several entries from the bibliography of the book you are citing as evidence. If you don't your best chance will be to take your own life.

Panzerman said:

You can speak for yourself, I've never done drugs or had a drink.
Well, I hope at least you have discovered masturbation young man. Just sitting around playing wargames on a computer, without the release of tension by getting drunk, high, or playing with yourself like a mad monkey, could have severe consequences later in life. You could turn all that aggression outwards, and turn out like Mr Goodale.

Originally posted by Reincarnated:

Well, IMO, this forum is nice in a sort of dictator/big brother way. Civility is maintained in most cases by the nature of the game and the passionate approach of the players, but those of us who have been around for any length of time know that things are not as nice as they look on the surface.

The forum is MUCH better than most others but don't look in the basement or ask why the walls are freshly painted. Worse, watch out for the police. Be careful not to run afoul of any self-proclaimed enforcers. When they speak, politely nod your head and mumble something that ends with "comrade" as you shuffle along waiting for your bread for the month and staring at your worn shoes.

suddenly, every man, woman, and child on the forum in visible range of Reincarnated turns, points at him, and emits a high-pitched scream. thousands of grogs wearing sunglasses, suits, and radio earpieces, come pouring out of every residence, gas station, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, and doghouse, in the area...

(whoohoo, i shoved 3 movie references in two sentences!)

Originally posted by Wisbech_lad:

Panzerman said:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> You can speak for yourself, I've never done drugs or had a drink.

Well, I hope at least you have discovered masturbation young man. Just sitting around playing wargames on a computer, without the release of tension by getting drunk, high, or playing with yourself like a mad monkey, could have severe consequences later in life. You could turn all that aggression outwards, and turn out like Mr Goodale. </font>

Reading your responses then going back to the IL2 forum, a possibility occurred to me. I was thinking that the objective data available about WWII tanks tells you more about what they could do than the objective data available about WWII aircraft. The objective data gathered about aircraft don't tell you very much about how it "feels" to fly. As an example, it's not enough to say how fast it is: you need to know how well it accelerates, how it changes at different altitudes, fuel consumption at different speeds, acceleration using emergency overboost, etc, etc, all sorts of stuff not gathered in standard tables nor obtainable from existing vintage models (without damaging them, of course). It seems that the vast majority of aircraft performance comes from subjective pilot reports, which are heavily influenced by the skill level of their opposition.

This is not to say that there isn't subjective data in CMBB, but it seems like the amount of measureable, objective data makes this subjective influence less decisive in the play of the game. So, because the main object of discussion is intrinsically more subjective, could that explain why IL2 discussions tend to degenerate into finger pointing accusations rather that factual discourse? Could it be that the facts just don't help us very much with WWII aircraft?

Bets are still being taken on who Reincarnated really is, while the forum police prepares the papers for his inevitable trip on the prison train to Coventry. :D

Will the jackbooted enforcers of historical accuracy get their before Reincarnated can rip the mask of decency off the sordid reality that are these forums.

Tune in next week, when you hear Dr.Bob say: 'Have a look at THAT!'

This was a public forum announcement, brought to you by the brotherhood of tractor factory workers of Collective No.6. Only tractors by Collective No.6 are good tractors built in the spirit of brotherly love.

Originally posted by Other Means:

also, the game is a long drawn out thing. you play over days to months by email. you make friends this way. i think the general forum tends to lack this social glue and is the poorer for it.

{edit for apostrophe redface.gif }

I think that just about covers it for me. Online players at other game sites only know the other players by their screen name/alias, and once they die they just dissapear off screen. The forums for other sites also lack a peronal touch that you can sometimes find on certain threads here. During PBEM we sometimes get to know the real person a lot better. I had never played PBEM until i purchased Combat Mission and i found it to be entirely refreshing to other means of play - TCP included.

CDIC

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I am not as bad as Goodale.

I am far more hateful, and I can spell 'pus', for the love of all the gods. Consistently, even.

Where's my postcard filled with hate, you bugger? I get a lot of hate from the UK.

Terribly sorry old boy, you're not as bad as Goodale. If anything you're worse as you tend to end up spattered across every forum and thread going.

Postcard? Not likely. The most you're getting from me is vague irritation.

Shoo.

Originally posted by russellmz:

[/qb]

suddenly, every man, woman, and child on the forum in visible range of Reincarnated turns, points at him, and emits a high-pitched scream. thousands of grogs wearing sunglasses, suits, and radio earpieces, come pouring out of every residence, gas station, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse, and doghouse, in the area...

(whoohoo, i shoved 3 movie references in two sentences!) [/QB]

Originally posted by Scheer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by russellmz:

Ok, let´s see

The Bodysnatchers, MIB and Matrix ?</font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scheer:

Ok, let´s see

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scheer:

Ok, let´s see