Combat Medics

I don't think medics would be able to work a miracle to get someone back into action within the timespan of a CM game.

The current CM engine tracks your casualties (KIA/WIA) but I'm quite positive none of the wounded get sent back to your units, especially if there's lots of engagements in short time spans.

One refinement I would like to see, rather than medics on the battlefield, is the incorporation of "stretcher bearers" into the casualty figures. By this I mean the soldiers that are detailed to take care of the wounded.

While this wouldn't have much effect in a single battle it could have a great effect during an operation. In between battles units could get those men back even in the squad is shown as "destroyed." This would be a more realistic reflection of battlefield casualties as squads weren't usually wiped out to a man but rather lost combat effectivness as casualties began to mount but recovered fairly quickly once the firing had stopped.

Medics were not part of Canadian or British infantry platoons or even companies in WW II. They were part of the battalion's medical section, so incorporating them as part of the HQ wouldn't seem to fit. I don't think it was like the Vietnam movies or episodes of "COMBAT!", where "Doc" (a sturdy ethnic minority who came from a poor family, pulled himself up by his bootstraps, and dreamed of medical school) accompanied the "hero squad" out on combat patrols.

I haven't done a lot of research so am open to correction, but I was always under the impression that assault companies in Canadian and British units pretty much fended for themselves when in action, with Stretcher Bearers assigned at the company level as needed? An entire battalion only had twenty of them, and a single Medical Officer who ran the Regimental Aid Post. I would think most primary care was done in the RAP. Not even sure how much medical training the SBs received beyond the basics of first aid.

i have always hoped that the "killed" include the wounded and those who are taking care of the wounded. otherwise it would be silly.

just like when the squad is shooting at the minions of evil, in reality only some of the squad are doing what the moral patriots are supposed to do, while the rest are doing other things, like laying around, passing some ammo or shooting at the sky.