Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Regular Infantry vs Armor

I'm a total newbie and I couldn't find an answer in the other topic's. Question,can regular infantry knock out a medium sized tank with just issued weapon's other then AT weapon's? What are the smallest weapon's that can be effective against a Tank? Thank's.

Regular infantry with nothing more powerful than grenades (or molotovs) can knock out a tank, but you need a fair amount of luck to do it, and you should expect a fair number of caualties even if you are successful.

You have a better chance against lighter tanks (less armor, smaller gun so it can't supress the assaulting infantry as easily), open-topped vehicles (obvious vulnerability to grenades here), and turretless AFVs (if you can get around behind them, it takes them a long time to rotate and bring their gun to bear).

If you are in a position where you really need to close assault a tank with infantry, I advocate using at least 2, and if possible as many as 4, squads to assault the tank from multiple angles and so 'swamp' it's guns.

Cheers,

YD