Abandon Ship!

Anyone notice how any AFV that is immobilized and continues to take a pounding without getting penetrated eventually gets abandoned. I was thinking that perhaps it would have been nice to have a command for AFV/vehicle crews to bail out before letting the AI decide they want to.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Sometimes the player is in the know better than the AI when a situation is hopeless and the vehicle should be abandoned.

I agree with Dieseltaylor!

When the AVF is hit and knocked out it takes time for the shocked crew to abandon the vehicle....and help get the wounded to safety.

At least that is how I look at it. Micro-management does not belong in a tacticle wargame!

Next we may be looking at fuel consuption....potty-breaks...or heaven help us....having to farm to produce units!!!! :eek:

Well, there should still be some way for crew-served weapons to be abandoned. Right now neither the player nor the Tac AI will cause mortars or HMGs to be left behind during a retreat. The upshot is that HMG crews really can't RUN away since they always have to lug the weapon with them.

Now this is not likely to be a high priority issue, since in most circumstances players would not want to abandon their heavy weapons just to save crew points, but it would be a nice option.

Of course, it could be added as a consequence of rout, but that is likely to make too many people unhappy: My MG crew routed at the beginning of the game and I lost my support weapon...