Summertime...And The Peng Challenge Is Easy...

Nidan1, since you're editing all of your posts anyway, here are some tips (italics inserted by me):

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Go back to where you came from

I'm sure that somewhere in them, it is stated

while you're building those BigMacs

come back to a battle of wits.

And finally, his name was Johansson, not Johanssen.

/SirReal

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Xyphorus:

Which lake? Who are Lars, Dalem, Papa Khann, or Seanachai? Xypho was never there.... Anyways, who ARE you people?

BTW, I dreamt last night that I was a tropical plant named 'The Trochu'. Strange, isn't it?

Strange, we know who we are and you now think you're a potted palm tree. Must be a bad case of the DT's.

Anyway, I thought you were a checkbook?

Turns out later tonight, insha'allah.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Tell people what you expect them to give you for your birthday.

Now sod off.

[ June 17, 2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Lars ]

SirFake: Thank you for the English lesson, grammar and punctuation are important things in any language. Your command of the language is very impressive, however I really don't give a rat's ass. Whether you are a native speaker, or have learned the language after many long, sunlit nights squatting in your igloo, is no concern of mine. I look forward to further installments of "Ding Dong School".

Who WAS our other Swede ... didn't he come to an ill end or am I just engaging in wishful thinking again?

Regardless, it's important to point out to the NEWER lads around (my GAWD, how do you remain a JUNIOR MEMBER for that long, speaks of a low ambition if you ask me) that we hate ALL Newbies equally and go to great pains to find something reprehensible about them. In the case of GetReal his nationality was the first to spring to mind, no doubt if he actually sticks around and doesn't (as we all fervently hope) SOD OFF, we'll find INNUMERABLE other aspects of his personality, grooming, heritage, language and so forth to belittle ... and that doesn't even mention his unfortunate habit of tripping over his shoelaces.

New Computer ... $1,500

Internet Connection ... $300

Dictionary ... $12.50

Ability to make a fool of oneself as an SSN in the MBT ... Priceless

Joe

I never had the privilege of viewing the Ding Dong School, but a quick search turned up an image that may bring back some dear memories for some.

frances.jpg

I really think this is getting a bit off-topic, isn't it? I thought this thread was about personal assaults and wargaming, not educating pre-school children.

Is it too farfetched to hope that all this foreplay will eventually lead to some harcore PBEM action?

/SirReal

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

New Computer ... $1,500

Dictionary ... $12.50

Joe

You paid $1,500.00 for a new computer? Jeez. The sales staff must have been passing around the lubricant as they saw you walk in the door.

Originally posted by SirReal:

Go back to where you came from

/SirReal

My dear Cereal,

One must never end a sentence with a preposition. Therefore, the sentence should most properly be written as "Go back to where you came from, you moron."

Consider this first lesson free.

Is it too farfetched to hope that all this foreplay will eventually lead to some harcore PBEM action?

Don't know.

You haven't shown the cojones to actually challenge anyone yet...

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

I look forward to further installments of "Ding Dong School".

Nidan

I don't think this is very likely as it's my impression that his time in Ding Dong School was cut short. </font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

New Computer ... $1,500

Dictionary ... $12.50

Joe

You paid $1,500.00 for a new computer? Jeez. The sales staff must have been passing around the lubricant as they saw you walk in the door. </font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

One must never end a sentence with a preposition. Therefore, the sentence should most properly be written as "Go back to where you came from, you moron."

Consider this first lesson free.

Ah, but consider the original posting by Nidan1 in it's entirety before judging:

Go back where you came from and build me another Volvo, twit.

So you see, he did end it correctly ("twit"), merely omitting the optional "you". My quote was taken out of context in the interest of brevity.

Lars, as to my Cojones, I prefer not to refer to them (I think the Peng rules are very sensible on this point). But enlighten a newbie while he's busy sucking scum. How, exactly, do I issue a challenge? A brief search of previous Peng's reveal no obvious methodology or ruleset for the actual challenge.

/SirReal

Originally posted by SirFake:

I really think this is getting a bit off-topic, isn't it? I thought this thread was about personal assaults and wargaming, not educating pre-school children.

We have to teach you some manners, pillock, using a pre-school method seemed like a good idea.

Nidan1, if you feel the need to teach me some manners, there is only one way that that is going to happen. The question is, are you up to the task?

/SirReal </font>

Ah ha!! maybe this slug is catching on after all. Was that a challenge??, naw, it couldn't have been, there was no VENOM, no WIT, and certainly no PANACHE. Keep trying, one of my duties as a Knight of the Pool , is to feel sorry for SSNs in all of their pimply faced incarnations.

The flicker of hope is there lad, work at it!!!

Ah lads, there's something rotten in Denmark ... okay actually in Sweden but who's counting ... certainly not Elvis.

This GetReal Swedish meatball has exactly 17 posts ... since June 2000 and only one non MBT post in the entire CMBB board. Does anyone else get a whiff of ... Troll?

Break out the pitchforks and torches!

Joe

How, exactly, do I issue a challenge? A brief search of previous Peng's reveal no obvious methodology or ruleset for the actual challenge.

/SirReal

Oh, I don't know Surplus. Why don't you just wing it?

All pile on the Swedes day!!!!

[ June 17, 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

Originally posted by Nidan1: Ah ha!! maybe this slug is catching on after all. Was that a challenge??, naw, it couldn't have been, there was no VENOM, no WIT, and certainly no PANACHE. Keep trying, one of my duties as a Knight of the Pool , is to feel sorry for SSNs in all of their pimply faced incarnations.

The flicker of hope is there lad, work at it!!!

All talk and no play makes Nidan a dull boy.

adj. dull·er, dull·est

</font>

• 1. Intellectually weak or obtuse; stupid.</font>
  • 2. Lacking responsiveness or alertness; insensitive.</font>
  • 3. Dispirited; depressed.</font>
  • 4. Not brisk or rapid; sluggish: Business is dull.</font>
  • 5. Not having a sharp edge or point; blunt: a dull knife.</font>
  • 6. Not intensely or keenly felt: a dull ache.</font>
  • 7. Arousing no interest or curiosity; boring: a dull play.</font>
  • 8. Not bright or vivid. Used of a color: a dull brown.</font>
  • 9. Cloudy or overcast: a dull sky.</font>
  • 10. Not clear or resonant: a dull thud.</font>

Do you still play the game, or perhaps you feel safer staying on the boards? No matter. I will eventually find someone brave enough to pick up the glove.

/SirReal

PS. Note to Joe Shaw:

The term you're looking for is Lurker.

Nidan1, if you feel the need to teach me some manners, there is only one way that that is going to happen. The question is, are you up to the task?

/SirReal </font>

With a modicum of wit, style and panache. And half a brain. You're gonna need a little time I see.

Pad that a bit. Try for a whole paragraph. Two maybe, if you can handle the mental effort.

It's Nidan, for the luv of Berli, it's not like you don't have plenty of material to work with.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

...one of my duties as a Knight of the Pool ,

That's right. I made you a Knight, didn't I.

I have got to lay off the Tequila, that stuff makes me do the craziest ****e. </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SirReal:

/SirReal </font>

With a modicum of wit, style and panache. And half a brain. You're gonna need a little time I see.

Pad that a bit. Try for a whole paragraph. Two maybe, if you can handle the mental effort.

It's Nidan, for the luv of Berli, it's not like you don't have plenty of material to work with. </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

It's Nidan, for the luv of Berli, it's not like you don't have plenty of material to work with.

You're right, of course.

In fact, Nidan does seem like the perfect candidate to challenge. Consider:

</font>

• He can't spell or construct a sentence. Given the fact that he edits his posts and still can't get it right, he's obviously unable to set up even a 100 pt battle against the AI.</font>
  • The most grievious fault he can find in me (a SSN) is my nationality. Pathetic powers of observation leads to inability to react properly in a battle.</font>
  • When confronted with his faults, he retreats into his childhood memories of TV-shows. How pathetic is that?</font>
  • And finally, when challenged, he flaunts his Knighthood, hoping that the SSN will abide by the Peng rules and not challenge him.</font>

Sorry Nidan, you seem like too good a mark to miss. Run for cover or stand and fight.

/SirReal

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

I blame Radley

Somebody else needs to start the new thread. These damn SSN's see his style in the first post and figure (as the title suggests) that the Peng Thread is easy.

Joe Shaw

We need an edict or something!

No. You're easy. If you were female, you'd be the saucy wench who whiles away her hours leaning up against lamp posts, humming "Ten Cents A Dance" to any sailor in earshot.

You'd be the gum cracking, bottle blonde in the cashmere sweater and poodle skirt, who on any given date, spends 95% of her time in the backseat, staring at the dome light.

You'd be the skinny, knock kneed, mousey girl who'd do anything, anything if only the star quarterback would notice her.

Jim Boggs. I dub thee Floozie.

Send me a set up so I can teach you a bit about true pain.