Embarking Spotters?

Hi all....newbie here, have had CMBB a week or so and played about a half dozen battles. Honing my skills against the AI and will be looking for PBEM soon! :) Have to say thanks for all the great posts archived here which have cut the learning time considerably.

Delurking now with a question/problem: I haven't been able to get my artillery spotters embarked as passengers. Neither in the setup phase nor during play. Last game I tried to embark a German 105 spotter, transport class 1, in a Kubelwagen, transport class 4 and supposedly able to carry a team, and could not issue the order. In earlier games I have tried to embark spotters in halftracks that have the capacity to carry full squads, with similar results.

I have been able to embark squads and teams onto HTs and tanks, so I think I understand the basic process of embarkation. But when I try to issue a Move command to a spotter it will not let me set a vehicle as the waypoint, and the "Embark" waypoint label never appears onscreen as with squads. Is there some trick I am missing, or is this a glitch with the game or my installation?

Thanks, SFJaykey

coldmeter: agree with you about the radio 81mm, if you have bought target refernce point (TRP), it cuts the time down further. It varies depending if you have LOS or not. I remember playing a home-made scenario with the 81mm only having 26 seconds of wait time!