Most uneven combats in which the underdog wins!

Uneven combats/underdog wins.

Mine has to be a single German smg squad in city fighting facing a veritable hoarde of assaulting Russkies! I station them deep in a city biulding using 'cover arc'. The Russians must enter the arc in order to target them. As each Russian squad enters they're immediately surpessed, then shot-up. When it seems likely the German squad is about to be overwhelmed by numbers I run them back across the street, set up in the next building, and again await the oncoming hoard. In the end I ran my Germans totally out of ammo, came away without a scratch with something like 65 Russian casualties .

82nd Airborne at La Fiere bridge along the Mederet river, June 6, 1944. We captured the bridge with heavy casualties and dug in on the other side to await a powerful mechanized counterattack which outnumbered us at least 3 to 1. Plus my men were mostly low on ammo. I was pretty sure we were doomed. The Germans engaged my forward units and we were being chopped up despite some of my zooks destroying a few of their armored vehicles. At the last moment I unleashed a mortar barrage on the Germans which caught them in the open and with deadly accurace. The fighting was occurring along a narrow causeway so all the Germans were grouped up in one spot mostly. Many of the enemy troops paniced and fled, others were pinned down, and my paratroopers charged to engage in hand to hand combat. It was a massive route, one of the biggest I've ever seen in either of the 3 Combat Mission games, and dozens of German troops gave themselves up then and there.

That's pretty much the biggest underdog victory I can think of... there's lots of other defensive actions I've fought and won against challenging odds, but to be honest my positions in those battles were all very strong and despite my being outmatched I could hardly call myself the "underdog".