Looking for a few good reviewers...

Hi all. I know this should be in another forum, but my best chance at response is in this one.

I now have 3 scenarios at the depot and not one of them has been reviewed, though they have been collectively downloaded over 700 times.

I am very new to scenario design. Never made one in all the years I owned CMBO. But I got into it with CMBB and I really find it enjoyable to create my own fictional battles.

I would like some feedback, however, on what should be addressed, what shouldn't be there and anything else.

I make most of my scenarios to be played vs. the AI, and I would like to know how others think it plays vs. the AI. I cannot fairly judge that since I know what is coming whenever I playtest them.

So I would really appreciate getting these scenarios reviewed at the depot and getting some feedback on things that should be changed. Hopefully I can pick up some things to make my current scenarios better and help make better scenarios in the future.

Here are the links to the scenarios at the depot:

der Nebel, my most recent scenario.

I think that this one is fun and pretty tough against the Soviet AI. I certainly think it can use some constructive criticism!

Minor Victory, my second scenario

I am very interested in comments on this scenario. It is totally fictional, but I thought it gave a good game against the Soviet AI. Maybe I am wrong? I don't know. I am biased. Please let me know.

Pockets of Resistance, my first scenario

'PoR' probably needs a lot of work. I am going to go over this one myself this weekend, as it has been a while since I have looked it over. I will probably find more things to change on my own, but I of course would love to get some help on this one.

Have a nice day!

-V vsp36@frontiernet.net

Originally posted by Hans:

Howdy V

Welcome to the lament of the scenario designer-little feed back.

Good luck

One question, where did you find the info on how many times they were downloaded?

Hans

On the scenario synopsis atthe depot for your scenario, at the bottom, right below where it says author's name there is the place where you download the scenario. It sah a link to the zip file and right next to the link is number of downloads...

looks like this:

Scenario Synopsis

Scenario Name der Nebel

Version 1.00

Game Length 30 Variable

Size Small

Date October 1944

Time Dawn

Region Central

Allies Soviet Infantry FOW

FOW FOW

Axis German SS Infantry FOW

FOW FOW

Brief Description Soviet and German recon forces battle for a lonely church in dense fog...

Ground Damp

Weather Conditions Thick Fog

Wind Breeze ESE

Temperature Cold

Defender Digin? Not Dug In

Map Contours Normal (2.5m)

Allow Sewer Movement Axis No

Allied No

Fanaticism Axis FOW

Allied FOW

Battle Type Meeting Engagement Fictional

Map Edge Friendly To W Axis

N Neutral

E Allied

S Neutral

Map Edge For Esit Points Axis No Exit

Allied No Exit

Flag Type Static

Flag Quantity Large 1

Small 0

Best Played As Axis vs. AI

Play Second As Two Player

Computer Should Stick to Scenario Default

Hosting Website The Scenario Depot

Author Name Vincent Prochelo

Download derNebel.zip DL= 92

Originally posted by Oberst Bergerbitz:

Got 'em.

I'll start one today -- not sure which one, though...

I'll review them as I finish them.

Thanks for bringing those to my attention!

Thank you! I look forward to your comments.

Thanks V

Good information to know on the DL. To make you feel better I have 37 scenarios up for a total of 10,105 downloads and 33 reviews!

Analyzing this small samples shows that players like:

Tiny and small scenario on WWII (not surprizing since that is what the game is on, interest in the Korean war and Spanish civil war scenario is much less) with Russians and Germans as the combatants (Italians, Romanians, Hungarians etc take a hike) - and if you can get some SS guys in there even better.

Originally posted by Oberst Bergerbitz:

Psst....I really liked Minor Victory.

The review is at the Depot.

wow, thanks for the nice review.

This one was an attempt to give a real tough AI fight.

I am glad you found it enjoyable. It certainly is hairy. Thanks again for the review. Hope it gets more people to check it out.

:D