NEW Scenario - "Strachwitz at Narva"

Strachwitz at Narva 1944

26 March 1944. Dawn, at the edge of the Körge swamp 25 kilometers south of Narva.

Oberst Hyazinth Graf Strachwitz, the “Panzer Count”, has been given another difficult mission: eliminate a dangerous Russian salient threatening German forces in northern Estonia. Using elements of the newly arrived combined-arms Führer Begleit Battalion from the Grossdeutschland division, “Panzerverband Strachwitz” launches a surprise armoured attack into the Soviet defences in the Körge swamp.

Map size: 2.4Km x 2.1Km

Total points combined: Approx 9 000 combined.

Number 5 in a CMBB combat history - “The Panzer Count’s Ostfront” designed by Charlie Meconis and George McEwan.

This scenario is in Beta version and you can download it from The Proving Grounds

Feedback most welcome.

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DAF!

Thanks for playing it out. Yeah I was afraid that this one was going to bomb (we'd real problems getting anything to even get part way playable) - I think what we have is the best but ultimatley I think the terrain in CMBB beats it. Be keen to see your AAR - could you email me it please?

Cheers fur noo

George

Hi George

sent AAR and some saves from after the Russian tanks appear so we can see their progress (or lack of it).

Got a partial solution. The corduroy road works if it is made up to 3 tiles wide of open ground. To stop it becoming a shooting gallery from end to end I laid it out like an old trench system in a series of bays. But even so the tanks only cover 400m in 15 moves so they would have to come on earlier than move 31 to reach the middle.

cheers

[ May 29, 2007, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Der Alte Fritz ]