PBEM reload counter

Is there any vaild technical reason why the pbem re-load counter is missing at times, from the display? We are not compressing or de-compressing files. If someone needs to copy a file, why are they sending me a copy (if it is indeed a copy) and not the original?

This doesn't happen all the time, with all my pbem opponents. One turn will have the pbem reload counter diplayed, and another turn won't (with the same opponent). This happens with several of my opponents.

Ken

This could be for a variety of reasons, for example on the first turn sent to you by your opponent there will be no reload counter shown since it is the first turn saved. After that it should show a reload counter when you receive the turn, but after you play your turn the reload counter will not be shown again until your turn has been completed, i.e. if you are loading the save and then quiting and then reloading it will not show until you have finally finished your turn by hitting done.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

This is also correct since the turn was loaded but not completed, i.e. saved with another name. Each time a save is loaded it counts as a load/reload with the information stored and hidden until the turn is completed. It might be completed with a new name or the original.

If you load up the original and finish the turn it should show how many times you reloaded the save correctly.

Hubert

[ July 25, 2003, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]