UnInstall Question

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I don't know much about computers and software.

I select programs, strategic command, uninstall SC, (and then it goes through the motions of uninstall).

But when I look in "program files", there is the SC folder with what appears to be all the goodies still in the folder.

When I try: settings, install/delete software, SC is not one of the defaults for windows to uninstall.

I have Windows ME for what it's worth.

I like to uninstall/install game/patch(v1.06) when I have a rash of lock-ups and/or connection problems. Now I am wondering if I am doing a proper uninstall.

Any ideas besides "Get a job and quit playing SC all damn day"?

Sincerely,

Ken

There are generally a few ways to uninstall SC, the first way you have already correctly done, through the uninstall icon provided in the Programs/Strategic Command menu. You can also use the Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs (although it won't show up there if you have already used the above uninstall icon).

The only thing the uninstaller does not do is remove any files that were created after SC was installed, i.e. like saved game files and subsequent folders etc. In this case you are safe to delete the Strategic Command folder after you have uninstalled using any of the above methods first.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

...You can also use the Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs (although it won't show up there if you have already used the above uninstall icon).

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I don't see SC located here even before I use uninstall from programs. Maybe it's another Windows ME thing. No matter, as long as the other way works.

Sincerely,

Ken

Originally posted by kenfedoroff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

...You can also use the Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs (although it won't show up there if you have already used the above uninstall icon).

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I don't see SC located here even before I use uninstall from programs. Maybe it's another Windows ME thing. No matter, as long as the other way works.

Sincerely,

Ken</font>