Call for Help

I need some feed back from H2H play on "A Hostile Debouchment" as it is a very large tank battle and I'm sure needs some tweaks.

I just updated the scenario to version 1.4 so if you do test it, please make sure you have this version.

The scenario can be found here.

C'mon you Head to Head guys out there...if you like battles with over 100 tanks and enough space to fight with them...then this is for you and an opponent!

"A brief, howling sandstorm swept across the Tunisian plain early Sunday morning, February 14...Soldiers in black tunics tramped down highway 13 carrying lanterns to guide more than a hundred tanks-a dozen Tigers among them...through the western mouth of Faid Pass.

As dawn spread behind him, the commander of Operation FRUHLINGSWIND climbed a rocky parapet above the squalid hamlet of Faid, General Heinz Ziegler liked what he saw: nothing. The Americans did not appear aroused, nor even alert. At precisely 6:30 A.M. the drivers shifted into gear and panzers spilled from the Eastern Dorsal onto the plain...They came down like the wolf on the fold..." --An Army at Dawn

ID

• 4 weeks later...

Just recently finished it H2H and had a great time. I had the Americans and my opponent tried to stand back at long range and use his superior guns and optics. Didn't work out all that well for him. He eventually took the objectives, but the cost was high. Very high.

Can't really suggest any tweaks. As you say; it's a lot of fun if you like massive tank battles and lots of blowed-up armor. smile.gif

The map gives the attacker a lot of different options. I'd call the replayability factor pretty good.

Make some more CMAK operations Iron Duke. "Counterattack at Sarrebourg" is still one of my all-time favorites!

<S>

Originally posted by Vadr:

Just recently finished it H2H and had a great time. I had the Americans and my opponent tried to stand back at long range and use his superior guns and optics. Didn't work out all that well for him. He eventually took the objectives, but the cost was high. Very high.

Can't really suggest any tweaks. As you say; it's a lot of fun if you like massive tank battles and lots of blowed-up armor. smile.gif

The map gives the attacker a lot of different options. I'd call the replayability factor pretty good.

Make some more CMAK operations Iron Duke. "Counterattack at Sarrebourg" is still one of my all-time favorites!

<S>

Thanks for the test and the vote of confidence.

I have several CMAK operations at the depot, and perhaps I'll make a few more as per your request. smile.gif

ID