Checking in , latest patch, etc.

BloodyBucket

Haven't been playing SC lately, due to some real life military/new baby/work distractions, but I have just downloaded the latest patch and hope to get back to playing as time permits.

I noticed that Hubert called this the "final" patch. Before last call, I'm still wondering: Has the "odd looking" German soldier on the cover been explained? That is still bugging me!

Originally posted by Tony Reale:

Hey "BloodyBucket" , what's with the handle? I ask because my Father served in the Bloody Bucket (28 Infantry Division) during WW II.

That makes two of us. My father was in the 110th Regiment, 2nd Bn., "Easy" Co. He was with the 28th from shortly after D-day, and was captured during the Bulge. Hence the nickname.

This sig is a tribute to my skills as a leader in SC and CMBO. redface.gif

QUOTE]That makes two of us. My father was in the 110th Regiment, 2nd Bn., "Easy" Co. He was with the 28th from shortly after D-day, and was captured during the Bulge. Hence the nickname.

My father was in the 109th Regiment,3rd BN,Anti-tank Co. He was in the 28th when it shipped to England. He was blown out of a house in the Hurtgen Forest. After getting out of the hospital and going to the Repple Depot, he finished the War with the Combat Engineers in the 3rd Army.

Dad is 81 years old and still could put on his uniform and fight if he had to. Feisty old goat that he is.

Good to hear your dad's story. My father is also still with us at 82 years of age. He was a BAR gunner in the infantry. He fought in the Hurtgen forest also, and was with the division when he was captured outside of Monarch. The 28th did a fine job during the Ardennes fighting, and most people only remember the airborne divisions there.

Give my regards to your father, tell him "thanks" for all he did.