Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

88MM retires from SC forum

88mm

Dude,

Just because the Ladder thing isn't working out, don't let it bother you. Don't take the world's problems on your shoulders.

Instead be a player. Let the dust settle & ZappSweden take over. Don't take anything personal because you're new to the scene. This whole Ladder thing is a competitive thing before your time.

But, if you want to quit & leave......Let the door knob hit you, where the dog should have bit you.

Rambo-Hollywood.

The great grandson didn't know, no, he couldn't, since as we know HISTORY in the second-person singular, utterly subjective History books, is not REALLY... any real history at'all, well

Anyhow, he was a'digging through the spider scuttling stacks up in that thatched attic (... and here, we allow that this whole Idiot's story may actually be... a figment of that young dude's bristling IMAGINATION... a REM dream one night when the moon was O so slightly blue) and Lo!

and behold,

He chanced upon an old letter of Great Grampa, who was one of those anonymous Desert Rats who witnessed up close and personal Herr General Rommel's clanking-chained War Machine...

and so the coddled (... well, was he? we shall soon enough see, then the alarm goes out! whence The Scourge is, once again, roaming free) youth settled in amongst the dust motes and GAH! those ubiquitous spider webs!! and read...

Dear Delores, my always Luv, forgive

me delerium, I can't think so good

anymore, it's all that smoke

and anti-godlin' screaching noise

and...

Satanic 88s!

O, what stooped creature,

What a whistling beast... indeed!

What scourging demiurge?

Evil as blood-bellied spiders

Woven in bristling covens... o'er

An innocent's swaddled pale crib

Could dream up!

Such a cunning doom-gun

As this,

As these... Satanic 88s!

Could seal such a quick silken Hell!

While the babe, and!

The screaming sick Mother

Are lost - O notice

The brittle bleak voices!

In the harrowing throes,

And ever & ever it shall be so...

Of a slow... slow tolling bell...

Yers,

Fer as long as I ken hold out,

Mick the Knife

Well,

The great grandson learned a little something

That day.

Easy to say - defeat! that ever-insistent Evil,

Only... leave ME to my spider-free

Curds & whey!

And BTW,

Stick around 88,

Looks like there's gonna be!

An SC2... ain't it Great!

To anticipate! :cool:

[ May 21, 2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]

Great story, poem and moral Immer's.

88MM

Okay, so this forum tends to be ungrateful, obnoxious and insensitive -- but look at it's good points!

" [...]The Rest is Silence."

Act V, Sc II, -- Hamlet, Wm Shakespeare.

[ May 21, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

88MM, you time is your own, so you can do what you wish, But; I took a quick look and didn't see your name posted on the most resent 6 pages in the Opp. Finder Forum. How did you expect to start games if you don't look for any?

On the flip side thanks for looking after the ladder this month. Anyone who volinter's their personal time to any group should be appreachated.

Iron Ranger -- "... thanks for looking after the ladder this month. Anyone who volinter's their personal time to any group should be appreachated."

Exactly. You deserved better but you shouldn't leave over it. There's a lot to this Forum beyond the Ladder and direct competition.