Values for attacker/defender losses?

Chelco

Hello gentlemen,

I am a complete newbie to this game. I am learning the basics but I want solid foundations.

Regarding combat, I took this from the manual:

Readiness = (supply + strength + command rating + combat morale bonus) / 3

Multiplier = readiness / 10

Attacker Losses = defender_multiplier * (defend_type_value + defender_experience / 2) -

attacker_multiplier * attacker_experience / 2

Defender Losses = attacker_multiplier * (attack_type_value + attacker_experience / 2) -

(defender_multiplier * (defender_experience / 2 + defender_entrenchment +

defence_bonuses))

I am sure it is explained somewhere in the manual, but I cannot find the following parameters explanation and typical values:

defend_type_value

attack_type_value

Would you help me please?

attack_type_value:

This is the attack value for each type of unit ;) e.g.: an army has an attack value of 4 vs tanks and soft targets (corps: 2 )

defend_type_value:

The defence value of a unit vs the enemy unit depending on the type of unit:

e.g. army vs tank/soft target = 2 (corps = 1)

You can see the values for each unit type against each enemy unit type either at the end of the manual or directly in the game in the purchase section where you buy your new units.

Ah, I just found the explaination in the manual:

"Note: Attack or defend types are listed in the Combat Target Values Table, and can be of various

types depending upon the units involved in combat. Defence bonuses are determined by terrain

and are outlined in the Terrain Values Table. In the case of negative values returned by these

formulas,the results are then returned as 0."

[ May 25, 2004, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

And just another newbie question:

You are about to attack with an army/corp. You click on your unit and you put the cursor over the target, and some numbers appear on the upper taskbar of the game. It's something like Attacker:0 Defender:1. What does this means?

Thanks in advance.

These are the expected combat results. So you can see before the combat the expected losses of the attacker (your unit) and the defender (enemy unit).

The real result in combat has only a difference of +-1 (=random factor) to the expected combat results.

So it is possible to plan your attacks in advance and choose your targets. You can see before combat if it makes sense to attack a certain unit or not and which units you will most likely be able to destroy.

You are about to attack with an army/corp. You click on your unit and you put the cursor over the target, and some numbers appear on the upper taskbar of the game. It's something like Attacker:0 Defender:1. What does this means?

Heh, I have played about 5 times and didn't even notice that was up there! Didn't remember reading that in the manual either. Must have missed it.

Thanks Terif,

These are wonderful news to me. I was starting to go crazy calculating different cases.

So, after the program calculates the parameters we discussed, it will add a random factor of +-1 to make the final result. This sounds very good.