Question for Hubert

Welshwill

This will be addressed in a future patch. The idea I am going with is to adjust the USSR with a *quasi three capital* system in terms of supply and production purposes. So Moscow, Sverdlovsk and Stalingrad will all act as *roots of the tree* similar to how a single capital works now. This should at least make it more interesting for the eastern front.

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

This will be addressed in a future patch. The idea I am going with is to adjust the USSR with a *quasi three capital* system in terms of supply and production purposes. So Moscow, Sverdlovsk and Stalingrad will all act as *roots of the tree* similar to how a single capital works now. This should at least make it more interesting for the eastern front.

Hubert

Thanks Hubert. It should make for a better game in the East.

Hubert

Great!

A day or two ago I had a similar thought on a larger scale. I was thinking of 4 capitals for Russia, I think Leningrad falls too easily and could/should also be a capital - that thousand-day-seige-thing doesn't happen in SC! Also, there is a tradition in East-front board games of the victory condition over Russia being capture of Leningrad, Moscow, and Stalingrad.

But my thoughts extended the idea further. First I thought about England where making London and Manchester co-capitals would not matter much, but adding Alexandria would sure open up Africa. As a counterbalance, Italian capitals could be both Rome and Tripoli. Lastly, for good measure, Germany could add Munich and/or Prague.

Anyway, this would all a require serious play-balancing effort and so might not be feasible. But I strongly encourage your efforts on the Eastern Front.

Thanks for all your good work.

[ September 12, 2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: USGrant ]

Hubert

Hubert, considering your devotion to the game and to the consumer base, I can see why the BTS guys decided to take you into the fold...I'm impressed!

What's more, I look forward to your future projects.

Regards

Ed