Open challenge to Oak

The Allies can win, but it is about luck, especially in the Jet tech category, LR helps too.

If you don't stay with the German levels or get ahead, bend over,... put your head between your legs,.. and kiss your ass goodbye. Back in the sixties they called this "Duck and Cover" to supposedly survive a nuclear attack.....yeah right.

Sorry, IMHO the allied player can win without a bid only if:

- With a very, very bad axis player

- Very, very, very, very ++++ bad luck.

Up to now the bidding for axis now is around 200 MP for 1:5:20 and still the axis wins 80% of the games.

Hey, if you kids can't play nice in these sandlot games...I'm going to crack some Allied heads with no bids.

Legend will absolutely roll anybody in the world without a bid.

Remember my first post 2-years ago? I never lose as Germans? 7-patches later, the same story is still true. The Rambo patch never happened, thus the German statement is still true.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Remember my first post 2-years ago? I never lose as Germans? 7-patches later, the same story is still true. The Rambo patch never happened, thus the German statement is still true.

War is hell. Grab an airfleet and click click...war is won.

350 bid?

Holly crap! Ok, I want to play one of the top players (Rambo, DragonHeart, Kuni, Zapp, Curr...) who will give me that bid for Allies. PBEM

Rambo? I've always wanted to see this RACK strategy in action, how about it?

And I'm rusty, just ask Terif, I'm blundering all over the place in our game as Allies. Not that it would make a difference if I were not, heh.

If it is possible to win as Allies without a bid, fully depends on the experience of both players - especially the axis player.

The main advantage of Allies is the surprise effect and their mobility. Unexperienced players dont know how to counter allied strategies (depends also on allied players experience), they make mistakes in conquering neutrals and concerning russian readiness.

Therefore if new players play a game, no bid is necessary. In this case even Allies are usually in the advantage and will win the game.

After some games they will have learned the basics, so chances are 50/50 who will win.

Then balance shifts towards axis and the more experience the Axis player has the bigger axis advantage will be (can be reduced by the allied players experience).

Thats the reason why the size of the bid highly depends on the experience of both players since axis only has an advantage when the axis player knows how to play his side and the advantage increases with the experience.

Some average values (Mai 2004):

-new vs new:

no bid necessary (Allies even can be in the advantage here)

-intermediate vs intermediate:

bid 200 system 1:8 or 1:10 (or ~100 in 1:5:20)

-veteran vs veteran:

bid 200 system 1:5:20

Summary:

Every veteran player should have no problem to win as Allies against a new player without any bid. Even in new vs new games, allies have a slight advantage without additional mpp.

Originally posted by Blashy:

350 bid?

Holly crap! Ok, I want to play one of the top players (Rambo, DragonHeart, Kuni, Zapp, Curr...) who will give me that bid for Allies. PBEM

Hi Blashy,

Bid 350 is ~9000 mpps in total...

I never would give UK so much mpp (together with US/russian mpp), since then it becomes possible to crush Germany in France.

But we can play a high bonus game with 10.000 mpp for Russia only if you want to try it smile.gif (I already did it sometimes... :D ).