may be able to slow down or stop the Germans, but

to mount a counteroffensive similar to the one in

OTL, they will need armies and tanks. Before

1.03, the Germans didn't build them either during

a few Barbarossa campaigns that I ran.

Any other units that the AI doesn't buy {for

the various major powers} ?

JD

The Allied AI buys far too many Air Fleets, at the expense of other offensive weapons, such as tanks and Armies.

Now, this tactic does serve to reduce the corps (AI mostly targets them -- and Brest, even when past a viable point, though I realize you MUST have a port) that are defending the (... premature?) '42 invasion of France, and it does force the Germans to either re-call some air from Russia, or maybe better -- simply build many corps as potential targets.

But in general (... and also very true of Russia) the AI greatly favors Air Fleets at the expense of ground forces.

I don't know as the Soviet AI building corps to the exclusion of all else is a bad thing. When I play the Sovs and get hit with the German AI pusch, I do the same thing. They delay attacks and block lanes of advance quite admirably --- especially if they live long enough to build up a little experience.

Originally posted by von Lucke:

I do the same thing. They delay attacks and block lanes of advance quite admirably --- especially if they live long enough to build up a little experience.

Yes and they are very good defensively around the marshes and rivers.

IMHO the AI's strategy is to delay you in Russia with corps as long as possible until America and UK can launch a very early D-Day. All fine and dandy, except it usually handles D-Day very ineptly and it fails. My first game it caught me off guard and was able to draw enough away from Russia to cost me that campaign. Never again though.

Originally posted by von Lucke:

I don't know as the Soviet AI building corps to the exclusion of all else is a bad thing. When I play the Sovs and get hit with the German AI pusch, I do the same thing. They delay attacks and block lanes of advance quite admirably --- especially if they live long enough to build up a little experience.

Ditto here... You end up having to buy them to close holes in your line, as you don't end up with enough MPP's after fixing your existing units.

As for the notion that there may be too many Allied airfleets, I'd have to think this is both historical, and necessary in SC, as your landings need LOTS of cover, and you want to soften the bad guys up as much as you can.

Besides, dropping bombs on things is the most fun!!

Aloid (one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go bombs go!!)