POLL (Vote Please), Which Duel with AAR do you guys wanna "watch" most here on forum?

zappsweden

Vote for ONE of the following

1. Rambo vs Dragonheart

2. Rambo vs Terif

3. Rambo vs Zappsweden

4. Zappsweden vs Terif

5. Zappsweden vs Dragonheart

6. Dragonheart vs Terif

7. Other matchup than the six above (specify please)

8. All of the above i.e more AAR's please

9. None of the above i.e don't care about them

[ April 16, 2004, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

AAR's from the top players like you, Terif and Dragon, but then a bit more detailed. I know you guys play TCP/IP mostly and everything has to go real fast, but I feel like I'm missing half of the game when you guys post 2 sentences post.

I wanna hear about preparations, build-ups, strategy planning, the works!

Guess I just wanna read some more AAR's, even from newbie players, it's always very interesting and who knows, you can learn from every game!

#4 ZappSwede vs Terif --- It's going to take Don King to make this battle even happen. So, since the supply is down, the demand is up.

Other matchups:

#7 Rambo (Me) vs BrianTheWise --- Sent this dude packing awhile back.

#7 CvM vs Some_god --- Let the kids battle, plus CvM is a good writing, if you like essays.

#7 Rambo (Me) vs Hubert --- Love to demo R.A.C.K. to the creator.

#7 ZappSwede vs Blashy --- Blashy needs to bring his game to the table against the guy he stalks.

#7 Les the Sarge vs the A.I. --- Can Les win a game?

#7 Comrade Trapp vs the A.I. --- Can CT win a game?

#7 Kuniworth vs Moon --- The banned vs the banisher.

#7 Any of the NEW German dudes on PanzerLiga need to step up & do some AARs in ENGLISH!!!

Rambo what exactly is it that makes you so good? There are only so many variables in this game so after a while you would expect all the top players to be of relatively equal skill level, especially considering how unblanaced air fleets currently are (or rather how weak the non-jet techs are). I wouldn't mind playing you to see if I could learn a thing or two. And the AAR would probably be pretty good. Something like

"Gamelins Gambit" -the french high command in the war of polish liberation

if I was axis

And "Gone in 60 turns" -the new AAR where fast tanks stolen from manchester MPPs stream across the russian stepes in no time

if I was allies

Becephalus.

Since I have beat Rambo a few times :D I might help you with that question.

The anwers to solid play is

1) Playing 100+ games and against GOOD opponents. You will learn the typical moves for taking neutrals and much other stuff.

2) Knowing the battle formula and what is important in it. For example, a corps with strenght 1 in a L8 entrenchment is not safe because the defence bonuses are multiplied with the readiness and a strength 1 unit will then not utilise it fully.

3) Battles, odds, cost, MPP balance:

You gotta know when you have the advantage and when the opposite is the case. You gotta know which units are important and give them the killing experienced. You gotta know everything about where and how to defend. Sometimes defending a city can cost more than giving it up.

4) Research:

You must know what you need to win. Every nation has its task.

For example, it is very popular for UK to research air+long and forget about ground units (letting USA handle the ground). USA, on the other hand, can chooce different straegies. It is dependant on what axis did. If axis puts everything in Russia then Russia will be in trouble and Allies must land earlier in France. That could mean USA need some groun tech. On the other hand, if Axis aim on destroying UK then USA must focus on air to support the British islands from invasion.

The most important thing is, one mistake can ruin a whole game so do not make them. Often you can play even with your opponent but he knows some move that you did not and he wins the game.

It took me 200+ games to learn every little rule and exception rule and most importingly to adapt your strategy based on them. I could have learnt it quicker if I cared but sometimes I was just happy playing the game and did not care so much about all the little details.

[ April 16, 2004, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by Becephalus:

since you have beat him a few times what?...that was an incomplete sentence?

I could not help putting that sarcastic smiley in the middle of that sentence. However, I updated the post now.

Hint: this is sometimes a sarcastic and ironic forum so nothing for the faint hearted. We do it for fun. However, we try only to smack talk those who do not take it as insults or too serious.

p.s Do not tell anyone I said this, we wanna keep the image intact and act like we are for real and that we put our hands up in the air...like we just don't care :D:D:D

[ April 16, 2004, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

#4 ZappSwede vs Terif --- It's going to take Don King to make this battle even happen. So, since the supply is down, the demand is up.

Other matchups:

#7 Rambo (Me) vs BrianTheWise --- Sent this dude packing awhile back.

#7 CvM vs Some_god --- Let the kids battle, plus CvM is a good writing, if you like essays.

#7 Rambo (Me) vs Hubert --- Love to demo R.A.C.K. to the creator.

#7 ZappSwede vs Blashy --- Blashy needs to bring his game to the table against the guy he stalks.

#7 Les the Sarge vs the A.I. --- Can Les win a game?

#7 Comrade Trapp vs the A.I. --- Can CT win a game?

#7 Kuniworth vs Moon --- The banned vs the banisher.

#7 Any of the NEW German dudes on PanzerLiga need to step up & do some AARs in ENGLISH!!!

Rambo. Maybe we should let Don King promote it and get 50+ million for the fight (Like Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis), cool ;):D

I could imagine the brain damage risk is far greater in Boxing than in SC but you never know... :D

By the way, very funny post you made this time Rambo i.e almost laughing my ass of when you talk about the Moon vs Kuni and the blokes that should make AAR vs the AI! :D:D:D

[ April 16, 2004, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

9. I normally don't care for the top player AARs, they are usually not as detailed as some of the others I've read.

From what I've seen, its usually the average players that make the best AARs, a lot higher quality.

For example, Kurt and Bill101 have a great one going over at Firebase Bastogne, very detailed and entertaining.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a match between Kuniworth and Moon. :D