Problem with transport capacity

Guanoman

I think that an inherent problem with the current system of allowing units to be transported with a cost of 10% (or whatever it is) of their MPP gives Germany an unrealistic chance at a successful Sealion or invasion of the USA.

The current system allows the entire German army to take to the seas in one turn, say after the fall of France with the plundered MPPs.

Clash of Steel solved this problem by using transport units. Strategic Command has no such limitation, other than MPPs.

I'd suggest that there be an abstracted "Transport Capacity" number, which would be the maximum number of units in transport mode at any time. By using MPPs, you could increase this number over time, maybe one or two per turn. Germany could start off with a capacity of a fairly low number, say two or three (or whatever is appropriate).

My two cents....

It's a good point Guanoman, but I wanted to avoid specific limitations, felt it would limit some of the "what-if's" like what if Germany had planned for sea lion early on and not expected the UK to surrender after the fall of France, they could very well of had plenty of transport craft available etc.

Despite this there have been tweaks made and the price of Sea Lion for Germany plays out differently over the course of the whole war especially if Russia gets invovled. Also sea lion can be much harder when starting in '39 because you have to play very well to be in the position your in with the start of 'Fall Gelb', i.e. have Poland, Denmark and Norway under the German boot with the inherent bonuses they represent.

Hubert