Weather???

Canuck_TAR

OK.............I find Strat Command alot like an old Fav of mine, Clash of Steel.

Here's my question.......it doesn't seem that the weather is taken into account in the game. Any reason for this????

OR am I missing something and its my bad???

[ August 19, 2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Canuck_TAR ]

Originally posted by Canuck_TAR:

OK.............I find Strat Command alot like an old Fav of mine, Clash of Steel.

Here's my question.......it doesn't seem that the weather is taken into account in the game. Any reason for this????

OR am I missing something and its my bad???

I already asked this question. Hubert said it was just a design choice. The weather is factored in by having shorter winter turns and longer summer turns but there is no graphical representation on the map, although I would really like to see it.

Yes, I'd love to see this as well. I understand the idea behind the time-weather abstraction but this does not allow for any surprises, such as an unexpectedly warm winter, etc. That addition alone would make a huge difference.

As for modding it, sorry, but unfortunately it can't be done. Unless, of course, you want to load up a new bitmap every season to replace the last one, which I doubt people would go for.