The New Depot

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you missed it at TPG:

Originally posted by: birdgunner:

Hi all!

Looking for an update on the new scenario depot project... I know it is a huge undertaking but have not heard anything new about it lately, so was wondering when can we expect to see the site come online...

Thanks

BirdGunner

I have the new design done (graphics) and about 70% of the coding for the basic portion of the site (enabling file uploads, author administration). The fancy stuff (ratings) is next on my to do.

Spent the past couple of days getting the template ready - I'm curious for feedback, particularly from Mac/Safari users as it's untested in that browser:

LINK

Note that the images are not optimized, they're at full resolution, so that's on the "to do" list. Also, nothing here is funcional at this point, just getting the template worked out.

Feedback welcomed.

• 1 month later...

I'm very close to having a spot that we can store/search for/download scenarios. I just need to finish up on some advanced features - but I'm thinking that I can do that even after the site is live, so I may just launch what I have.

Look for something next week - that's what I'm shooting for.

Originally posted by GJK:

I'm curious for feedback, particularly from Mac/Safari users as it's untested in that browser

Looks very good in Camino(1.0b1), and Safari 2.0.2, OS X 10.4.3

- Note: I never browse at this size and have a fairly wide monitor (17" viewable) but there is a bit of a glitch if the window is more then approx. 16" wide. See picture

Hi all,

I remember many months ago a question I already asked :

Is it possible that "scenarios designers" begin to name their own scenarios by campaign theatre?

example:

Po-39-Sep01 "name" for Poland

Ru-41-Jun22 "name" for Russia

Tu-43-May11 "name" for Tunisia

Li-42-Oct12 "name" For Libya

Fr-44-Jun06 "name" for France

etc etc...

It's more easy to find 'em in zip folder, then you can easily install scenarios in each CM version you have.

example :

En-40-Aug15 "name" for CMAK sealion

Fr-44-Jun12 "name" for CMAK Normandy

Be-44-Dec16 "name" for CMAK ETO

Ru-44-Jul22 "name" For CMBB

Si-43-Jul23 "name" for CMAK

etc etc....

Thanks for all "scenarios designers" to keep in mind this old request for an old CM battlefronter.

Cheers

Pat

Originally posted by Frenchy:

Excellent work. Will you need files from authors or were you able to get them from the old Scenario Depot?

Well, we're going to have a big, empty, slate basically. Since the details of each scenario are stored in the database, they must be entered in manually. Unfortunately, Adm. Keth lost all that he had so I was never given a backup of that database. So, it'll have to be a community project to restore old scenarios while of course adding new ones.

• 3 weeks later...