Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

SC Patch v1.03 Re-Released!!!

Hubert Cater

I've just updated and re-released the v1.03 patch. It includes everything from v1.02 and a few new changes, bug fixes and AI tweaks. The v1.03 patch can be downloaded from here:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/stratcom/download.html

If applying this patch on top of v1.02 there will be no need to delete the SAVE and PBEM folders as it is fully backwards compatible, however if applying it to v1.0 then you will have to delete those folders prior to patch application. The SC version can be determined by the number that appears on the lower right hand corner of the main menu screen.

Be sure to check the 'README.txt' and 'SC Version Changes.txt' for more specific instructions and information, these are installed in your SC installation folder once the patch is applied.

Note: With this patch you will need your Strategic Command CD in your default CDROM drive.

**Changes Made For v1.03 (August 17, 2002)**

- added CD contents check

- improved AI usage of air units, slightly more coordinated and aggressive

- improved amphibious assaults wrt naval cover, air cover and HQ usage

- friendly aircraft now provide air cover for each others units etc.,

this was actually part of the original design and always considered a bug on my part

- adjusted the scorecard to take into account difficulty and computer experience

bonus settings

- fixed sub spotting bug wrt transports

- adjusted reorganization planning for improved proactive defence, esp. Russia

- fixed non-attacking axis AI bug when non-random game options were chosen for Russia, Minors etc

Enjoy!

Hubert

RE-RELEASE NOTE: This is basically the same as the last v1.03, just removed the code that was giving me problems with memory leaks. Even if you had downloaded the previous v1.03 and did not encounter any issues, it is still strongly recommended that you re-download and re-apply this updated one. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Thanks for the cleaned up patch! I certainly appreciate all the hard work that's being put into this game.

However I would recommend a slightly more thorough beta testing procses. I mean, with all due respect, how long could this new (1.03) patch have been tested for? The 1.02 problems only surfaced late last week, so with a day or so to code and test 1.03 is it really stable? Are we, the registered users, the beta-testing crew? I don't mind if we are, but I'd like a free t-shirt or something.

Anyway, keep up the good work but don't forget that patience (for both the users and the developers) is a virtue...

Good point, but truth be told this one was tested and turned out to be a very strange problem and entirely unexpected. Seems to work perfectly fine on some systems and causes problems on others and looks like the variance is between win9x/ME vs. 2000/XP.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience but this was a learning experience for me and not one I am too eager to repeat.

Hubert

Hubert-

Cheers to you for your quick response. It is an excellent compliment to you and all others assisting in this game that not only do you respond to suggestions but also implement them in your product. Like anything that you create in life, there is always hesitance to tweak it at the direction of others (the "my baby" syndrome). However, you have gone above and beyond the call of duty responding to compliments/complaints/questions. I think its a tribute to you that so many people post on this board not only providing encouragement but suggestions in making this game the best it can be. I think that is the greatest compliment that we, the customer, can pay you. For it shows we care about this also!

Thanks again!