Mirrored contests settled by victory point awards

SeaMonkey

I'm kind of wondering how many contests are actually played to completion, the ones that culminate in a victory point award? Further, how many of you settle a challenge by playing your opponent from both sides(two games) with the ultimate tie breaker being the awarded victory points?

Yep some time ago one full game in the Panzerliga was a socalled mirrored game. Each player had to play one side for a victory or even a draw. As playing without bid for allies is impossible the player arranged a bid valid for each of them.

Now you can also play only a single game with the common bidsystem too but you will get only half of the points. The points are also dependant from the lengh of the game. In comparison to other leagues in the panzerliga you are rewarded with a certain amount of points for each victory or draw dependant from the lengh and outcome of the game.

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Yep some time ago one full game in the Panzerliga was a socalled mirrored game. Each player had to play one side for a victory or even a draw. As playing without bid for allies is impossible the player arranged a bid valid for each of them.

Now you can also play only a single game with the common bidsystem too but you will get only half of the points. The points are also dependant from the lengh of the game. In comparison to other leagues in the panzerliga you are rewarded with a certain amount of points for each victory or draw dependant from the lengh and outcome of the game.

What a queer system.

So that I'm not misunderstood here, I'm referring to the "Victory Points" at the completion of the game based on the length of time and amount of destroyed units, plus the accumulated MPP generating resources. There may actually be other considerations, not sure, Hubert? This is not an abbreviated end from players' agreement.

SeaMonkey, at a certian point there is no comming back or you've played a long long time and you'd like to call it on a Victory Point sort of system. It's sort of a clock of Performance, too bad that a complicated system like that cannot be implemented for some players who don't have the 'time' that others do. You could if you like have a layout of Cities that must be captured instead.. Leningrad-London by Summer of '42-'43? On the Reverse the Liberation of Paris and capture of Rome or at least 1 German City by the same timeframe for the Allies. Call it on that.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

So that I'm not misunderstood here, I'm referring to the "Victory Points" at the completion of the game based on the length of time and amount of destroyed units, plus the accumulated MPP generating resources. There may actually be other considerations, not sure, Hubert? This is not an abbreviated end from players' agreement.

Stop playin your gay games.

Actually I'm not addressing the players that play TCP, unless they actually do a completed game, this is more for the PBEMers. I have some opponents that carry on for years, yes years, with many completed games as well as the abbreviated version. Perhaps my persistance level is a bit abnormal, long periods of attentiveness seems to be my forte'. Again, if I am the only one that enjoys seeing this game played to completion, we should ask HC to delete this feature for SC2, it may arrive sooner, I can adjust.