Gary Grigsby's War In Russia

lyceum

I downloaded this rather complex looking game (going by the manual anyway) from the Underdogs and found that the folder only contains one file - 'warrussia.arj'of 640 kb.

I realise this is probably a DOS game, but is there any way I can play this on either a Windows 98 or ME system? It looks a game I'd like and would really like to try it.

Cheers, Tom.

Originally posted by lyceum:

I downloaded this rather complex looking game (going by the manual anyway) from the Underdogs and found that the folder only contains one file - 'warrussia.arj'of 640 kb.

I realise this is probably a DOS game, but is there any way I can play this on either a Windows 98 or ME system? It looks a game I'd like and would really like to try it.

Cheers, Tom.

Should be able to...I played it on Win2K. The .arj is an archive file, you'll need to get an unzipping program that handles them, I don't think Winzip does. I'd try UltimateZip, it worked well for me. The game really isn't that complicated once you figure out the old DOS commands and such.

On second thought, if I were you, I'd get this version of the game instead. It's the free version by Matrix games, and they fixed some of the foibles of the older one. It's still under a 2 mb download.