Favourite scenario?

That was a good one! I always like that and VOT (what I call Valley of Trouble), VOT2 is fun too. It seems a bit aligned to the German side but. I just remembered the scenario "von Lauchert" against the AI I managed to knock out 50 soviet tanks (Mostly T34, some Stug 3s and Shermans among other vehicles)to one loss of mine (abandoned Panther).

[ September 18, 2005, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: michael_wittman44 ]

I enjoyed Royal Opponent, though it probably favours the Axis a little too much (very skilled players will find it balanced, maybe, but less skilled players will find the Allies difficult to win with).

Others, mostly pretty will balanced:

Po Valley

Pershotraveneve Ridge

Moltke Bridge

St Eduard's Sanitorium

The Library

Murphy's Law

Tiger Valley

GaJ

[ September 18, 2005, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Richie, thanks for that! Yeah nice choices in scenarios, i will always like Borisovka Station (CMBB CD scenario). Is there any lists of CD scenarios (battles and operations) out there that feature all the CD scenarios and other scenarios that people have made??

[ September 21, 2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: michael_wittman44 ]

Originally posted by michael_wittman44:

I actually read your AAR's for the ROW V tournament, how are you doing in that GreenAsJade?? Reading other people's ideas can be helpful if you ever find yourself in a similar situation.

Better than I did in ROW IV ;);)tongue.gif

I didn't make it into the final round of ROW V (which is not suprising, since only truly top players are going to achieve that) but I did end up mid-field in the first round, which I was happy with.

The big question you left unanswered: what did you think of the AARS? You said "actually read" is if it was a big chore :( I hope not too much!

Cheers,

GaJ

HSG Giesen's Bridge by Warmonger

Storm 555 by British Tommy

Both are outstanding scenario designers that stand that little extra above the rest of a group that is extraordinarily talented...

To pick a single scenario or for that matter a single scenario designer from the talent that spends their time making our hobby what it is today is a VERY TOUGH decisision. Here are just some of the designers that make professional quality scenarios good enough for any BFC game disk. Get a scenario from any of these guys and you can't go wrong.

BannonDC

Bertrand Dossmann

British Tommy

Carl Puppchen

Chris "Ferrous"

Dey-The Daffy

General Failure

Fredrock1957

George Mc

Gil Wilson

Kingfish

Larry Thorne

Panzerman

Runyan99

Simonovitch

Stoffel

Warmonger

This list is NOT all inclusive. This is just my short list. I see a scenario by one of these designers and I DL it automatically.

Thanks for the hours of pleasure that you have all afforded me over the months and years... :cool:

Originally posted by London Calling:

'Cats and Crocs' (CMAK) by the HSG guys. The Platonic Ideal of the 15-turn small scenario! Unfortunately, seems to have disappeared with the demise of the 'Scenario Depot'... :(

HSG scenarios haven't disappeared. You can get any of them by emailing us direct or asking for them at The Proving Grounds. :cool:

Rumors of our demise are greatly exaggerated!! :D

And thank you for the kind words about my work. I appreciate it. smile.gif

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

Here are just some of the designers that make professional quality scenarios good enough for any BFC game disk. Get a scenario from any of these guys and you can't go wrong.

BannonDC

Bertrand Dossmann

British Tommy

Carl Puppchen

Chris "Ferrous"

Dey-The Daffy

General Failure

Fredrock1957

George Mc

Gil Wilson

Kingfish

Larry Thorne

Panzerman

Runyan99

Simonovitch

Stoffel

Warmonger

Just to clarify, the (psuedo)name is simovitch ;) And thanks for the plug PC, I appreciate it.