Please Respond! Do you support this proposal for new Scenario Depot?

Ideally, when someone downloads a scenario, I'd like them to receive a reminder in their email box to get them to review it, say a month after they downloaded it.

Some of my scenarios at the depot had 2,000 downloads and only 1 or 2 reviews. Perhaps they sucked, but I'll never know because they weren't reviewed.

I think just a reminder would be enough to get some people to review. Maybe the email could include a form which they can fill in and email straight back?

Originally posted by Alsatian:

Make it so.

If you ever need data entry slaves, include me.

Thanks, appreciate it!

If anybody knows or wants to learn WebDNA, let me know and I'll put you to work. ;)

I started working on the "Scenario Card" process, where a scenario's details can be easily exported from TPG and then imported into TSD.

Oh yes, also as I posted at TPG, I'm open for any submissions of graphics or page template design for the site. Draw it up in Photoshop, PSP, MS Paint or whatever graphics program that you use and send it to me at:

cmbb@garykrockover.com

If I get enough (any?) submissions, I'll put those plus whatever I come up with on my site for viewing and then we can all take a vote on it. Otherwise, you only get whatever I come up with.

Sounds great.

One suggestion which I think has been very effective over at B&T:

Add a category/tagging system. And allow searches on that.

For example, Joe visits B&T. He wants to play something TCP with Bob which has mechanized forces. So he searches for battles that have two tags: TCP and Mechanized forces.

If properly structured this can be a very handy and extensibile system. GJK, drop me an email for full technobabble . . .

Originally posted by WWB:

Sounds great.

For example, Joe visits B&T. He wants to play something TCP with Bob which has mechanized forces. So he searches for battles that have two tags: TCP and Mechanized forces.

If properly structured this can be a very handy and extensibile system. GJK, drop me an email for full technobabble . . .

Thanks Wyatt.

I already have the "Mechanized Forces" available for scenario searches on TPG (under Allies forces type and Axis forces type), so that will be available at TSD (among many other variables).

The TCP thing I have tied in via a search for "Best played as (Axis vs AI, Allies vs AI, two player)". So I think that I have that covered already.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Is it done yet, you bastard? :mad:

Mr Dorosh, that is no way to speak to the guy who might in future host your forthcoming scenario's! :eek:

Take a wooden ruler and smack the back of your legs several times while chanting, " I must not use naughty words while addressing GJK " :D

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Is it done NOW, GJK you bastard? You dumb, over-muscled, car-wrecking, blintz-eating steroidheaded bastard?

If you want to host my wonderful scenarios, you'll have to beg me, first. :mad:

Well, you do have a pattern of history - I think you've posted one scenario at TPG in the 3 years that it's been up.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by GJK:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WWB:

Sounds great.

Thanks Wyatt.

I already have the "Mechanized Forces" available for scenario searches on TPG (under Allies forces type and Axis forces type), so that will be available at TSD (among many other variables).

The TCP thing I have tied in via a search for "Best played as (Axis vs AI, Allies vs AI, two player)". So I think that I have that covered already. </font>

Originally posted by British Tommy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Is it done yet, you bastard? :mad:

Mr Dorosh, that is no way to speak to the guy who might in future host your forthcoming scenario's! :eek:

Take a wooden ruler and smack the back of your legs several times while chanting, " I must not use naughty words while addressing GJK " :D </font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

Ideally, when someone downloads a scenario, I'd like them to receive a reminder in their email box to get them to review it, say a month after they downloaded it.

Some of my scenarios at the depot had 2,000 downloads and only 1 or 2 reviews. Perhaps they sucked, but I'll never know because they weren't reviewed.

I think just a reminder would be enough to get some people to review. Maybe the email could include a form which they can fill in and email straight back?

[REVIEW]I'm 3/4 in Inferno CMAK and just started Inferno CMBB. Highly recommended. [/REVIEW]

I sure hope SDX2 is ready in time for me to submit real reviews on these.

Originally posted by General Colt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

[REVIEW]I'm 3/4 in Inferno CMAK and just started Inferno CMBB. Highly recommended. [/REVIEW]

I sure hope SDX2 is ready in time for me to submit real reviews on these. </font>