Anybody want to playtest a new scenario?

Logan Hartke

Prehaps you should consider raising the German heavy tanks one lvl. I got the distinct feeling I was very very outmatched by my soviet counter parts... esp after a 12 str. Soviet tank group reduced my 11 str. tank group to 1 and only lost 1 str point. Maybe something else could be given to the allies to keep play balance, but I don't see how the worlds most technologicaly advanced nation at the time would be behind in so many fields like tanks, anti-tank, bombers. etc.

Actually, that was about how I wanted it. The largest guns seriously planned for mounting in a German tank before the invasion of France were the 75mm L/24 and the 105mm L/28. The 88mm gun was only speculated around the time of the invasion of France and it was only realistically achieved (mounted in a turret) in mid-42. Assuming the lack of experience in France and USSR would set German design teams back at least two years. So, by my best estimations, the long-barreled Mark IVs and VK 3001/3601-series tanks would only be coming on the battlefield when the game begins. The majority of units, by my best estimations, would be equipped with 75mm L/24 tank guns. That's why the Germans only have level-1 tanks. Also, a great deal of German development would have been diverted into naval, rocket, and aircraft technology. Similarly, the German armor industry would be building incredibly large amounts of super-thick battleship armor. That was my reasoning. Also, I did it for gameplay. Play as the Allies before criticising the fairness of the gameplay.

Logan Hartke

By the way, anyone wanting a detailed look at the game layout without having to e-mail me and have me send them the file should click on this link...

BE WARNED! THIS PICTURE IS VERY BIG AND WILL TAKE TIME TO LOAD WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN CABLE OR DSL! There, you cannot say that I didn't warn you.

http://www.runecave.com/advance/advance/images/63/1945-Mod.JPG

Also, I got really bored and made a desktop for myself. I think it turned out pretty well and is pretty neat, so I am letting anyone else who wants to look at it do so.

BE WARNED! THIS PICTURE IS VERY BIG AND WILL TAKE TIME TO LOAD WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN CABLE OR DSL! There, you cannot say that I didn't warn you.

http://www.runecave.com/advance/advance/images/63/1945-Mod-Desktop.JPG

Logan Hartke

[ September 28, 2003, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Logan Hartke ]

Logan

Sometimes it pays to check things a last time before turning in. Those are both great!

The second one moves a lot more quickly. On cable modem it goes through very smoothly. True, it hasn't got the detail of the first link, but it provides a great overall idea of what is going on.

When I start the Solitair AAR in a few days I'll link your display so anyone reading it can click on and get a good overview. Or, if they prefer to hit detail and get a closer glimpse they'll still be satisfied.

Excellent idea. Looking forward to the adventure.

• 3 weeks later...

This 1945 Mod and my half sound mod are still available to anyone who wants them. Also available, a 1962, 1985, WWI, and a slew of WWII graphics mods (mainly units) available. If you want them, just send an e-mail my way.

ComradeLoganov@aol.com

Also, if anyone would like to post any comments/reviews on any of my mods, any input would be appeciated. Either send me an e-mail or post a comment online.

Logan Hartke

BTW - JerseyJohn, what's your ETA on that AAR and how is that sound mod working out for you?

• 1 month later...