But the AI wouldn't have done that!

Archibald

Assuming you don't want to keep the secret to yourself, what's the most surprising thing a human player's ever done to you?

Mine was during a German invasion of the UK where I had tried and failed to take out London, but had landed adjacent to Edinburgh and was about to march in and claim it from a battered and helpless Britain who had insufficent MMPs and units to defend it. Victory was mine, which was just as well as the Russians were pressing towards Berlin and I'd very little to stop them (which was why they'd declared war in the first place - oops!). On the allied turn I watched with horror as a Russian transport arrived via the North Sea and promptly landed in the Firth of Forth with snow still on their boots.

I never ecovered. The Red Army clung grimly to Edinburgh Castle until the Americans turned up a few turns later. The rest is silence... :(

I hadn't even considered the possibility of this happening, as the AI would never attempt it. Anyone else got similar experiences to share?

I was once allowed to take Berlin (no fight) but Italy and most of the other axis forces (as well as the German army, who had not yet surrendered) counter-attacked behind my lines, cutting off my battered and bruised (russian) army in Germany while my opponent went and took Moscow. Odd in the extreme-the German army would have fought on to the bitter end to drive the Russians out of the Fatherland, but instead pissed off to conquer the Rodina. I learned a valuable lesson, though-always leave a rearguard and never leave a non-german in command of the German army.