Question bout drive2drive

Korut Zelva

I like to warn you about drive2drive service... I ordered one game and never again.

It took 5 times, over a week to download the game... (was 2.2 gigs, and was corupt the first 4 downloads)

Once you download it and unzip it, after the install, everytime you go to play you have to have a internet connection so it can be checked, so, if your like me, would want to download a game, install it on a laptop that has no internet connection... the game will never start for you...

Say, again what I do, I have games installed on my desktop and works fine, but it won't run if you have the game installed elsewhere... the check won't allow it to run on 2 PC's even at different times, it will cancel all your others.

Just my experience, drive2 drive sucks, and I hope Battlefront don't continue down this line of game releases with other games. JMO.

Hi Magnum,

Direct2Drive is an additional service to our regular mail-order offerings. Many people asked for direct downloads, so we delivered. We won't stop our mail-order business however, meaning that if you're not happy with D2D, you're of course free to order the game via mail-order (you get a printed game manual in most cases, too).

Also FWIW, the licenses you buy through D2D are different from game to game. So you can't draw conclusions from a different game to what we're going to offer. Some games come with a "install on 1 PC only" rule, some allow you to install different copies. I'd have to check myself to see what exactly the StratCom license includes to be honest, but I think that it allows multiple installs.

Martin

Once you download it and unzip it, after the install, everytime you go to play you have to have a internet connection so it can be checked
What game did you buy that requires an Internet connection everytime?

I just purchased Strategic Command as a digital download, and the only time it requred an internet connection was the first time I ran the program. That was just to activate it.

I have a cable modem, so I turned it off to see if it would run, and the game ran fine without the Internet connection.