Why do you write reviews?

I've had a few of my operations/battles reviewed

so I feel obliged to review others that I download and play. I don't do it all the time but if the design is good or really bad I will take the time to give praise or criticism.

I do get discouraged though when a design I send to the Scenario Design site doesn't get any notice.

All best

Patrick

Originally posted by lucero1148:

I've had a few of my operations/battles reviewed

so I feel obliged to review others that I download and play. I don't do it all the time but if the design is good or really bad I will take the time to give praise or criticism.

Patrick

I think you hit the nail right on the head. I think reviews are done for the most part on scenarios that are exceptional in one way or another. They grab your attention.

They are either way above average or way below average. I think those are the scenarios that normally get reviews.

The ones that gamers talk about giving for other reasons...lack of a review, I played it so I am writing a review, are all the exception I think.

Having just submitted a couple of new reviews it just occurrred to me that if you don't score a section like briefing for example then the overall score for that scenario won't be factored in.

One pet peeve for me whenever i play a scenario is when the author doesn't take the time out to write a brief on what he designed. In those situations I'll place a 1 for the brief section as a show of dissatisfaction.

I know writing a brief can be more time consuming than actually designing a scenario but the brief is just as important forthe overall feel or experience for the battle to be played. I must have 4 or 5 battles and ops sitting on my HD just because I haven't taken the time to write the brief.

All best

Patrick