Invading Britain

acambria

Does anyone have any good strategies for invading the U.K. I allways try to do it before attacking Russia and after conquering France. But the invasion is allways bogged down and the British Navy allways harrases my transports. I never take London and eventually the U.S joins in and reinforces Britain and Russia invades. So pretty soon its game over. So does anyone have any quick knock out strategies for the invasion of the U.K?

Lots of Luftflottes along the France's channel coastm -- total air superiority is nice :D , German ships screening the flanks of the invasion fleet, and a quick capture of London. Be sure to send a HQ or you won't be able to reinforce your units after they've landed. After capturing London, expand and cross a few Luftflottes to southern England. When you exceed five combat/air units in Southern Britain send another HQ and don't be impatient -- attrition is in your favor as the Brit's can't replace lost units and usually can't replace serious casualties either.

Sinking the Royal Navy and shooting down the Royal Air Force prior to the event is desirable, but you already knew that! Usually, with Axis troops poised to land, the British fleet sorties from Scapa Flow, so don't position your ships too far north and give them plenty of air support -- they'll need it.

[ November 24, 2002, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]