Hubert - what are you working on now?

japinard

Actually her name is Claudia ;)

Ok seriously, right now I've got a patch in the works (v1.06 Final) barring any outstanding bugs etc. which will go to make the game a bit more interesting overall. I will be taking a short break (very soon) probably for a couple of weeks, but in the meantime it's in the process of beta testing/feedback and I figure once I get back there should be a nice and shiny new patch ready to go for everybody.

Just to name a few items that will more than likely appear on this patch

- South Atlantic/Suez Canal transport loop. This should open up the Med. a bit and at least allow Allied unit to be transported to the Suez Canal. The trick is that you will have to ship your units to the Southern Atlantic first and this may open up the importance of controlling the Atlantic somewhat

- modified research formula that should slow things down slightly, add a penalty for switching from one category to another and will also take into account enemy research via spying/espionage etc.

Once things are tidied up some more and testing is satisfactorily finalized, more details will surely follow. I just wanted to add that I think many of the recent suggestions have been great, some other extras will appear in the final patch, but I think the rest of them, including many hundreds of my own ideas will be better suited to a newer and slicker SC2 that may see the light of day in the future ;)

Thanks!

Hubert

Nice, very nice!

I thought research went a little bit too fast in the game, myself (at one point, the US had level 4-5 jets in '42 which guaranteed them air superiority over Northern France until the LW and RA could catch up technologically).

The Suez Canal should open up some nice possibilities. Finally, a real desert war!

Automatic interception totally spoils my Human vs Human games. It is impossible to hold malta (due to the cost!) as allies which makes axis dominate the mediterranean.

Another thing that is driving me crazy is the poor starting position for Italy. They can easily lose half/whole their fleet and sicily in their first turn!

Will it be fixed in the patch?

When is the patch ready?

[ November 07, 2002, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]