The Early Allied Air Strategy.

zappsweden

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay-okay, leaving the joke aside, I think it is better tu push manny forward to support the spearheads and von Blow behind him to support troops which fill the gaps opened by manny's sidekicks; use Runnie to support the AFs.

It should sing like this:

Yoooo, ooo, manny's in da house, yooo, ooo

Grabbing the tough troops, yooo, ooo

Suckenheim's got the corps, yooo, ooo

And Mr. 'R' says 'L',

And Mr. 'R' says 'W',

says 'LLLLLLLW'

tommorrow is the national day here in romania so we don't go to work, that's why i'm so happy

yoooo, oooo

Hellraiser. The point is not to have fighters but to use them. 4 fighters? wow! I never afford that many.

I say better to have 2 fighters (3 fighters after Ireland) and really make them work full time before Paris falls.

Another thing is, Monty should be bought ASAP because the early interceptions are the crucial points to slow Axis down before they get rolling.

[ November 30, 2004, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

the MPP drain is also colossal for allies ... i envisage only a limited action of RAF several turns before Paris fall hoping to pick off some understrength units and forcing axis to refit the LWs prior to hitting the minors. Think that a lot (I mean A LOT) of players use Von Suck in the rear for commanding the LWs once the bulk of the german ground forces are near Paris.

The ideea is not to lose too many MPPs as allies, you will need them later for buying techs. OTOH it may be that the fourth RAF ain't worth buying yet. You can choose between early tech investment, buy the 4th RAF or send additional ground troops in France early on.

Another option would be to use the 4 RAFs + 3 carriers to score some kills among LWs -> tough job anyway.

It has to be playtested more as I am not convinced even myself that this whole thing is a good ideea.

Hmm, the Early Allied Air Strategy (whether good or not) IS about early interceptions else what we are discussing is just the normal UK strategy where air and Monty is used after Paris falls.

WARNING:

Do not blame the air strategy if you make a bad counter and get rolled up. This strategy is very sensitive to take ground losses early on.

[ November 30, 2004, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

@Sombra:

Allies can set their risk factor and decide whether they wanna make all-out, delay or something in between.

It depends on if Allies start gambling on their air strikes or if they start doing too many counters (since some attacks are quite tempting getting 1-3 and 2-3 odds).

If Allies makes mistakes they can be ruined after Paris fall or lose Paris too early.

However, if Axis make some mistakes they can get Paris very late alternatively get totally stopped.

Normally, Axis get Paris even with this strategy but the DELAY is the target.

[ November 30, 2004, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by zappsweden:

Early Allied Air Strategy = Buying Monty early on to use during France

French HQ Strategy = Buying Billote to use in France

Zapp Air Strategy (ZAS) = Combining the both above

Its funny to see people rename old strategies, well, maybe for some newbies this could be something new, but we old-timers have been using that years ago. BTW, Kuni would have something to say about that ZAS thingy...a bit gayish u know... :D

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Dragonheart:

There is one thing where your tactic could be improved but i wont say it otherwise you would use it over and over again. :D I´m sure you can win alot of games with it ...but i rather prefer a victory after a long exiting battle. To play only french campagnes over an over again is boring although i have to admit you can play 10 a day of it.....rather effective. :D

I heard rumors you have been cracking players with my air strategy as a base Dragonheart. Explain pls smile.gif

If this is true then most of what you wrote above was just BULL, Mister! :D

[ April 22, 2005, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Ah back from holiday? Nope i did not use double HQ strategy so far...the only HQ i buy is the french one...but i have to admit that hellraiser kicked my ass out of france in one of our countless games with the double Hq strategy.

I was really surprised as i knew only one player doing this ;) ....when playing the second game i was prepared and won but had again horrific losses.

Next time when you arise from the graveyard say hello first this would be nice ..after all i did not see you for at least half a year.

Legends of today will create the future of tomorrow. What some ppl whine about today they will gratulate tomorrow and proud people do not wanna be reminded of their change of mind.

Dragonheart is still not a Legend, maybe that is why he is so whiny :D

[ April 23, 2005, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

@DH - the game in which your axis was halted in France, allies used the Fr. HQ + 2 uk armies+RAF(no HQ)+2 carriers opening.

Double HQ strat. packs a lot more punch but it is extremely risky and with just a little luck, Axis can get Paris in april - may smile.gif

the 2 UK armies opening leaves the allied player the chance of prolonging the battle for france till june-july, maybe august if he fails to stop axis in france. If poland falls in turn 4 or 5, chances are that Axis will be halted in France.

Avatar developed lately a very nice allied opening, let's say, a revised and improved ZAS smile.gif

He kicked my butt so hard i could boil eggs on it, but it is quite dependant on dice rolls. Avatar identifies himself with luck anyway, so this kind of openings are good for him smile.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Zapster - quit boasting smile.gif

Almost every early allied aggro strategy use air in a way or another smile.gif

You get the credit for using RAF early on but now the strategies have evolved a lot ... let's say you're one of the grandpas of aggro SC gameplay :D

But the nephews surpassed your achievements ;)

Originally posted by hellraiser:

Zapster - quit boasting smile.gif

Almost every early allied aggro strategy use air in a way or another smile.gif

You get the credit for using RAF early on but now the strategies have evolved a lot ... let's say you're one of the grandpas of aggro SC gameplay :D

But the nephews surpassed your achievements ;)

Agreed, it is the truth. I knew the srategy had potential, just could not point out the exact moves. Now some dudes have found it. The point is that an aggressive Allied France play can now be considered a Strategy not a "gamble that can only win with very good rolls".