SC retail?

Canuck

A trap door in front of the desk opens and Number 4983 drops into a pool of pyraahnas (or gold fish or something I can spell) and after the splash is consumed while voicing appropriate terrified screams.

"Number 4984, you have just been elevated to number 4983."

blofeld.jpg

[ January 25, 2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Member 4691

Yes, we do respect that low number of yours, but there are those other numbers,

819 against 4115 = 4x the ether babbling, which is also a form of seniority.

Not that your 800+ isn't a respectable total, it is, so I will defer to your Honored Guest, almost Founding Father Status and cede the floor.

Comrade, Comrade ... KGB habits are hard to break.

[ January 26, 2004, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

This is terrible, a total relapse, now he's demanding to know what happened to his friends, Uncle Joe Stalin and Cousin Yvrenti Beria!

Please Comrade, before it's too late remember your conditioning sessions ...

... I am an American ... Hello Joe, What do you Know? ... Remember the Alamo ... Baseball, Apple Pie and Mamushka ... Remember the Maine ... Football and some nice cold Borsch ... Hurray for the Red, White and Blue -- what, no hammer and cycle? ... Tipper Canoe and Tyler Too, Twenty-three skadoo ... Remember to wash behind the ears ... Yes, I am in the mood for some nice relaxing solitaire ...

pleasance2.jpg

"Yes, Comrade, you are playing solitaire, now listen carefully, 'I have appointments to keep and miles to go before I sleep, miles to go befor I sleep.'"*

*If you knew I was confusing the Manchurian Candidate and Telefon Congratulations! You've been awarded 330 confused movie points, redeemable at the end of the year!

[ January 26, 2004, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Thank You Dragon, we are of the same view. Our friend does have a pretty good total so I can't fault him.

There actually have been some guys who wandered in with extremely low numbers, like 347 (not that specific one, just an example -- now we'll get an angry post from whoever has that ID# :eek: ) and a Jr Member status seeking some sort of deference -- must have been abducted by aliens immediately after signing up here! :D

[ January 26, 2004, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

To answer the original question before I lock thi: yep, just heard the news also. SC is now in North American retail, published in cooperation with CDV. We will be posting a formal announcement soon. It's the Retail Edition with the upgraded interface and unit graphics, same thing that's on sale in Europe. We will make those graphics available for download pronto after a short grace period to CDV as well. As for the price, $25 should be the recommended sales price, but I guess most stores are prone to drop it to $19.90 or somesuch. Not much we can do about it.

Martin