So....

what did Kuni say?

THE ANSWER IS - WHO KNOWS. I think they have lost a lot of people by the long wait, but they and we are expecting that it will be SO GOOD they will gain them back and many more when it does come out. But "who knows" when that will be.

I think they have lost a lot of people by the long wait
Doubtful that anyone is "lost." Frustrated maybe, but not lost.

This is probably an interesting experiment seeing what happens when a game is announced early in its development. And that's what happened with SC2, just an early announcement before any screenshots even. And then some screenshots and FAQs followed, then some snippets from a Developer Journal, but mostly... forum discussions. An opportunity for people to ask questions and provide comments and feedback. Some things get adjusted along the way, and some things don't. But we have an opportunity to participate in the process. In the end most people should be happy with most of the features.

In contrast, Dangerous Waters seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Boom!, Battlefront announces a new game in beta test and almost Gold. Excitement is intense and short, and before you know it pre-orders are being taken and now the game is in players hands. Is this a "better" way of marketing a new game? Hard to say. Let's just enjoy the variety of the marketplace.

Not lost, not frustrated, not even annoyed.

Currently building my John Tiller collection and the second HC's game hits the market it gets line cutting privileges.

It's not like he's making Combat Leader or ASLRB2 eh smile.gif

Kuni, do you actually like me that much I am worth stealing your sig line space over it?

[ February 27, 2005, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: it's Les ]