Rolling on Home

Desert Dave

Just got back from a 3 week journey... into the American heart-land... 4000 miles, 9 states!

In my '71 VW camper -- Bessie the Blue Bus. smile.gif

Well, I won't go on & on about that there mystery trip, as I can see that most of your usual off-topic meandering... ist verboten,... mostly.

Anyway, may I just say... once you get loose of them soot-raddled and sweltering big cities, why, the American landscape is... breath-taking! and beautiful-bountiful as ever! smile.gif

Haven't caught up to all the Forum goings-on, in toto, Mister Oz, but I will say this:

We have, quite apparently, certain ground-rules that have to be followed.

Battlefront is that peripatetic Piper Man, what calls the Tunes.

Fair enough. smile.gif

Let's just... do like that crashing cool creek in among' the green-grinning trees, and... go with the flow, yes? ;)

Though, I am sorry to see Kuni go... apparently he violated some (...off-board understood) restrictions, well, I personally hope that he will be allowed back at some future date.

Also good to hear from Hubert... I didn't have much doubt that he was actively at work on SC2... nice to have another confirmation though. :cool:

Immer

Great to have you back.

As regards catching up, it reminds of the great lines in Gladiator when Comudus arrives in Germany while his father, the philosopher Emperor Marcus Aurillius, is celebrating a victory over the Barbarians.

Comodus, apologetically, -- "Oh, it seems I've missed the battle."

Marcus Aurelius, shaking his head understandingly, -- "You've missed the War!"

Historically, of course, Comudus hadn't missed anything, his job was to represent his father at meetings of the [by that time ceremonial] Senate. Unfortunately he possessed neither his father's genius or his idealism and was easily corrupted by power and it's abuses.

[ October 01, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Welcome back! :D

Haven't caught up to all the Forum goings-on
Huh? Did I miss something?

Though, I am sorry to see Kuni go...
I do wish him well, but the kid didn't seem to break the code or get the hint. You don't tug on Superman's cape; You don't spit into the wind; You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger; And you don't mess around with Moon.

[ October 01, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Bill Macon ]

Bill and JJ:

Thank you kindly for the welcome back... it was a Grand Road Adventure, and I am a little unsettled yet and still bleary & weary from all them... Demon summoned Semi's roaring past at 90+ MPH!!

(... Bessie, being an old squared-off dinosaur... would JUMP about a foot to the right as they passed, and then when they cut-into the slow-lane there in front of me, why, she would do this sort of... shimmy-shake and koko-bop, like some pineapple-wine-addled belly-dancer at a late-night Island festival... LOL!)

Anyway, it was a long-planned, and finally quite satisfying vacation! :cool: