Hubert - Is SC2 going to be release this year (2004)?

japinard

Just read in my latest PC gamer mag in the desktop general section about a new Grigsby/Billings game coming out purportedly in the late spring early summer of 2004.

It's to be called "World At War" and according to the article, begins in April 1940, is a grand strategic simulation of the entire world at the time, has pbem up to 5 players, and is a beer and pretzels type wargame for the masses whith advanced settings under the hood that should please those more on the groggier side of wargaming.

We'll see about that, but the developers do have a platinum reputation in the computer wargame field.

I emailed the articles author, William Trotter, to get a website, which wasn't listed in the article. If I get a response I will list it here. This is something that all you GS WW2 buffs can hang some hope on for the near future. That's what I'm doing.

Regardless of the nature of this possible 2004 release, I will remain insistent, that Hubert did it firstest the bestest smile.gif

Yes I know other games have come out pre dating Hubert's SC. But frankly Hubert can claim to be the first to actually make a user friendly grand strategy design.

Hubert has the claim on the "Panzer General" of grand strategy.

Hubert can claim to be the first to actually make a user friendly grand strategy design.

I agree, a most excellent and user friendly grand strategy game.

PS: My guess is that SC2 will most likely ship by Sept 2004 if it is building on the foundation laid in SC1.