Arngrim allied vs Derek

Arngrim

Ok, No post from Derek, He'll probably post twice, or we'll abandon the AAR.

Axis throws everything at Poland, and DOW Denmark. Allies make stupid mistake, and Poland will fall next turmn. darn, I'd really like a replay for stupidity option sometimes...

October 1st 1939

Axis Turn 2

German army had sliced through Poles like a knife through butter. The valiant Poles manage to surround XVI Pz Gruppe and in a series of violent counterattacks and at severe loss to themselves hammer the isolated panzers down to 30% strength.

10th and 14th Armies are tasked to extracate their unfortunate armoured colleages.

In North VII corps leaves Konigsberg and attacks the Polish Modlin corps to SE.

3rd army assaults Warsaw garrison in support of XIX panzer, the garrison is wiped out and XIX panzer drives into Warsaw in triumph and destroys remnants of Polish airforce to E of city.

4th army proceed through gap between VII corps and XIX panzer to inflict further losses on Modlin corps

The rescue operation in the South for XVI panzer goes well, the capture of Warsaw means that XVI is not longer cut off. 10th army hits Lodz group from South and wipes it out. 14th army takes up position adjacent XVI panzer and attacks Poznan corps from South, 8th army moves SE and attacks Poznan corps, who are down to 10% strength – Luflotte IV administers the coup de grace.

Poland surrenders and XVI Panzergruppen withdraws West to refit.

In the West things are quiet, Denmark continues to be shelled by Kreigsmarine and ariel recon reveals French army has garrisoned the Franco Belgian border.

Judging by the 420 MPP’s that the French have stockpiled the breakers yards are full of deccomissioned French warships?

Barbarossa game? Our last one?

I had a lot of fun!

This game: Turn four:

axis subs steal wellearned british money!

Italians at 80%

I find a French air in the maginot :confused: :confused: :confused:

French HC must have been drunk! ;)

Germans prepare to attack LC. Allies consolidate.

Found a sub in southern atlantic... now where is the other one hiding. Allies hold the line and move the srunken pilots out of maginot. Hopefully the germans will take that Carlberg brewery soon, or all shall be lost for the Allies :)

Germans reorganize and prepare to attack France. Way too late IMNSHO Allies search for subs, and refrain from DOW on Ireland to get US and USSR into the fray ASAP. Italy still at 85% and French defence is ready for them. Greece won vs France Incredible, like... France defeating Germany!

Derek is quiet...

[ June 26, 2004, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Arngrim ]

RN engage the two subs found in the south of the atlantic. Germany nmakes no landmoves watsoever.. is he up to a evious ne strategy that i've never seen before, or is he just lazy? france consolidates its defence and is beginning to consider an agressive strategy. GB decides that a HQ to lead its air strategy might be a good idea...

Nothing much happens...

Axis attack poor defenceless Norway, and kill oslo corps. Bergen corps reinforce, and british corps fortify bergen despite heavy axis fleets presecnce, utilising RN subhunting, witch sinks one sub.

Allies awaiting next axis move...

OK Zis time no more mister nice guy!

Oslo gets hammered again - I think the Norwegians should chuck it pronto to avoid further bloodshed - I know that they probably wont.

The evil RN sinks one of my peace loving U-boats which was engaged in measuring the hole in Ozone layer in South Atlantic.

I am attempting a completely different approach to my strategy in this game so ..... I'll probably lose!

I must apologise for the boring game so far but all of my 88mm shells are polished my Panzer IV's have a new lick of paint, the Luftwaffe is in good shape - so next turn the Wermacht will be rolling.

Will it be Shock and Awe or Awe Shucks?

July 28th, 1940

Its showtime

Luftflotte I based near Hamburg reach out and touch French Army SE of Brussels – RAF interceptors come out to play.

2 more Luftwaffe airfleets bomd same French Army and again the RAF join the party – sod this OK 10th Army rolls into Belgium and takes a pop at the Frenchies – who get hammered down to 30% strength.

The airfleet at Essen bombs the 3rd French army which is just South of the heavily bombed French Army.

Luftflotte IV bombs 3rd FA

Munich based airfleet bombs 3rd FA, followed by 14th Army batters 3rd FA down to 60% strength.

XVI Panzer fires up those Maybachs and clatters into that French Army SE of Brussels, reducing it down to 20% - 8th Army hits same French Army but with no bloody effect.

Meanwhile German Corps skirmish all along the Maginot line.

• 3 weeks later...