War Map is Terrain Only

bharris

I just started playing Strategic Command. Whenever I click on the War Map button, I see a larger version of the small map on the main screen - in other words, only the terrain features are shown - no political boundaries (although the flags are there), no hexes, and no unit icons. I have modified my unit icons to use the TOAW versions - could this be the issue? Please help!!

The "war map" is basically only used for DOWs and checking other data. It doesn't give you a "bird's eye" view of the tactical map and counters.

I have seen a couple screen shots which do show a bird eye view of the map with the counters. Perhaps this was something that was done on earlier versions of the game? Maybe some of the old timers can comment.

Yes! I have seen those screenshots in old reviews of the game, and that's where I found out that this did exist at one point. I just re-installed the game with no mods, and the war map still doesn't give me the bird's-eye view - no counters, no hexes. If I could get that view, it would really be great.

Originally posted by bharris:

BigDog, what version are you running? Mine is ver. 1.07, from the "Wargamer's Strategy" six-pack collection.

I'm using version 1.07, patched up from the original version 1.0.

I'm also using some unit graphics and UI mods that I've cobbled together.

I was using the Elite Edition, but decided to re-install from the original game disk I have (Wargamer's Strategy six-pack). I really wish I could get my war map to show the political boundaries and counters - Mr. Cater, if you're there, please help!!