Rockets, Artillery and Jets.

SeaWolf_48

I'm always amazed when I hear of a true war game store still open anywhere! We had one where I grew up in Montclair NJ in the 80's. It was a really extensive nerdy one too. I bought 3'rd Reich there but had a pretty hard time getting my friends to play with me. And then the dawn of the PC age dawned....and the store went poof into thin air as I imagine most of them did.

Immers and General Billote,

Had a place like that in my own youth out in Long Island (NY). Great little ma/pa operation with model planes and ships, one of the last places I saw with the very old fashioned balsa wood and paper varieties! I'm sure they went under like the places you're talking about.

A larger operation was in Midtown Manhattan, The Compleat (and yes, that's how they spelled it) Strategist. They also carried miniatures and an extensive collection of the usual items. They were helped by SPI being located a short distance off -- another place you could just walk into and discuss things with the whole damn staff! I don't know whether or not Compleat -- went under. They were good people, encouraged kids to hang out in the back and play/beta test and even though I never went back there I used to enjoy listening to all the laughter and recriminations while I scanned the shelves.

Glad you guys detoured along this route. smile.gif