Fall Weiss '39 AAR - Comrade Trapp (Allies) vs. aesopo123 (Axis)

Originally posted by aesopo123:

I think wasting 600-1000 mpps to delay the Germans a few turn turns is not a wise investment. The allies could not match the airpower and HQ organization Germany had in 1940. I am still for the early massive Dunkirk idea and I am willing to take on anyone on the same bid 1:5:20 (UK, US, USSR) if they would take the axis. Britain is wasting resources they could ill afford to squander. Germany could easily match attrition loses in the Army and Airforce. Where the heck is your navy Trapp?

I think its going to be a bit more than a few turns, chief. And I still have one hell of an Army to launch a counter-attack with when I feel the time is right.

As for the RAF, I'm gaining much experience with intercepts.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July 1, 1940:

Horayyyy!!!! XVI Panzer reached the outskirts of Paris after combined air and land attacks swept away inconsequential French Army and Corps formations. The fall of France is imminent. Airbases are advanced for close air support.

OKW is pleased with the time schedule and Manstein vows to crush the English by early 1941.

July 7, 1940

The French 2nd Army is destroyed along with III corps.

The French 1st Armored Tank Group, 3rd Army, and 5th Army scores a spectacular victory by immediately launching a counter-attack against the German XIX Panzer Tank Group and destroysing it without the aid of air support.

Meanwhile, III corps is recreated south of Paris.

In England, the RAF 3rd airfleet reinforces while the RAF 1st airfleet is repositioned to the south-west of it.

Italy enters the war at the end of the Allied turn.

[ May 22, 2004, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

July 21, 1940

SC_Screenshot_2.jpg

The French 1st Armored Tank Group, 3rd and 5th armies are overrun by German forces, while the now abandoned northern section of the Maginot Line is destroyed by German troops.

I and V corps are cutoff while garrisoning the center and southern sections of the Maginot Line, they do not attempt to breakout but instead hold their positions.

French troops fall back around Paris and create a new defensive line (see picture above).

In the Mediterranean, French forces being a preplanned evacuation of the French colonies.

[ May 22, 2004, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

July 28, 1940:

The German 8th Army and 14th Army, combined with air attacks destroys II French Corps. The lone French 4th Army was isolated to the north and was promptly dispatched by combined attacks by the 4th and 10th Armies supported by air attacks.

3rd army and XVI Panzer assaults IIII Corps reducing it by 90% strength.

The Italian 1st Army assaulted III Corps inflicting 20% casualties versus its own 10% loses. The II Italian Corps assaulted VI French Corps, defending Marseilles, to no effect.

Paris is expected to fall by the First week of August as it now facing the following German forces: VIII Corps to the NW, 4th Army to the N, 8th Army to the NE and 3rd Army to the SE.

August 4, 1940

Germany's expected date to achieve complete victory in France (July 1940) has come and gone.

The French 4th Army and II corps is destroyed north of Paris.

Paris, garrisoned by the Canadian 1st Army (entrenchment 6), is now exposed on four sides, with two French corps guarding the rear.

Meanwhile, the cutoff French I and V corps launch minor attacks on both General Rundstedt and Bock's HQs, only Bock's takes damage (10% losses).

In southern France, the Italian II corps attacks the French VI corps in Marseilles, but is repulsed with no losses to either side.

In England, the RAF and General Montgomery pull back from the south-east channel coast.

[ May 22, 2004, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

One of the advantages of SC:

You can change your play mode any time from PBEM to TCP and vice versa.

Simply move your PBEM file to the TCP folder and you can continue your game TCP. When you have to switch back to PBEM just do it the other way round.