AAR SC Z-League: Rambo (Axis) vs Zappsweden (Allies).

zappsweden

Time for Rambo to continue the Triology. I wanted the Axis & got the Axis with a high bid. Poland, LC, & Denmark ALL fall on turn #2 (my Axis turn), I hit the Trifecta!

Legend is out of the gate, look out!

Poland got headcracked on the ground on turn #1, which allowed for a capture on turn #2. LC received the usual Nazi turn #2 treatment...tank, army, 3-air...but I didn't need all the air! Air (Luftwaffe) units could be diverted to Denmark. Time for some plunder.

Allies (Zapp) are pounding Ireland with massive air..2-carriers, bomber, & 2-fighters. I'm sure Monty is playing air traffic controller with the big bid money.

In France, it is a HEADCRACK...French get "first blood hex" ritual. German units pour into the hole in the North.

Turn #3, French lost an Army, turn #4 is no different, French die in thh Ardennes, get out of my forest.

is the game really so hopeless at that point?

It seemed that the German war machine was only slightly ahead of schedule. I have lost games from a similar point far too often, usually due to overextending in one adventure or another.

What do you think the chance of victory from that point is "percentage-wise"?

just curious...

Roman

It's really tough if you lose France that early. You have to conclude that Axis Tech is going to go insane. That they have time to capture every Minor on the Map accept Canada, Switzerland and Turkey. Not only that but with so many losses Britian is a non-option for a long long time..

By the time Rambo hits Russia, if he decides to go that way. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Axis with 8 airfleets tech2-3 and another 2-3 in France if neccessary protected by Italian Navy and German Subs prepping to take out or invade England... with LR developing...that and 5-6 armor tech1-2... Fact is in Russia if you can strike 4-5 airfleets per city you can knock each one as you go per turn. and not only that but as the front shrinks so does the MPPs increase for the Axis.. It's a downhill game not an uphill one

Really now it's just a matter of time as the Axis can prevent a D-Day from ever happening in time to Save the Russians...

[ October 11, 2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Liam ]