Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Fixes Since the Beginning

Desert Dave

Now we're heading down the homestretch, perhaps a brief review of some of those fixes that have been made since the first Demo...

I appreciate the addition of a Scorecard to keep track of played games. Of course it will be easy to tell if we are doing well or not by sheer survival, or monthly dates for victory/defeat, but this should provide a barometer for all those very closely played games. I'm not clear on how detailed each report will be, but it is a welcome addition. smile.gif

The naval war is VERY much better, and now that I have played a bit more, I have noticed that Britain's RN is better able to survive even a fierce and determined U-boat onslaught.

Many times I have limped home with subs at 3-5 strength, which then allows choices -- how much to spend for repair, if any, when there are bedraggled Armies in the East just begging for relief?

And, this makes the tech development even more important -- to gamble for that slight Xtra edge that will mean -- Victory at Sea! or alas... the long cold goodbye, deep down in Davy Jones' locker, etc.

Any other comments on any of the fixes? And thanks again Hubert for your patience and due consideration of all of our seemingly endless requests! :cool:

I agree. Secondly I too believe the war in the west and South (Med)has be won at sea. With airpower assistance.

Controling the seas and Gibralter cripples the allies.

Still there is the problem with USSR. Attacking Yugo should be delayed due to Soviet "war factor".

When the full game arrives one could test this strategy further.

My plan would be the control of the seas and then with corps and some air protecting the west front armies could be massed on the eastern front.