Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Ryder Cup AAR : Terif & Rambo, the heavyweight division

jon_j_rambo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7:30 am, Saturday, August 16 --- Reports breaking that Terif & Rambo will begin play soon. I went to the movies last night, saw "Open Range" w/ Robert Duval & Kevin Costner. It was a slowing moving Western trying to act like the old classics. It had a standard story w/ good visuals & new combat shots. A little bit too much talking for me, had a chance to be better. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Anyhow...

Back to Pre-Game. I'm awake & rested, no excuses. I have some inspiring Gospel music on & time for a Diet Coke. If the phone rings, guess what? I'm not going to answer or will step away from the keyboard, can't afford one mistake if I'm to beat Terif.

Strategy...

What should I bid? I have a feeling this will goto 300/2400. Should I go Axis? Use RACK? I thought about Allied 1st turn LC-gambit, but that only has 25% chance. We shall see.

Rambo

All luck of France and Joan D´Arc couldnt save the french army in the Ardennes this time: 2 strong armies and 5 high experienced airfleets finally managed to kill it (expected losse: 2 they mostly only did 1, but this was enough...numbers against luck won ;) ). French mine Axis now.

[ August 17, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

August 1940 --- Paris is being attacked, Breudaux (Western Port) held by Axis. Allies kill Corp Northwest of Paris.

What's going on? 3rd German tank? Where's the cash coming from? I've killed 3-corps, 2-armies, 2-tanks, & have done damage to Luftwaffe.

[ August 17, 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

August 15, 1940:

France surrenders, no enemy presence at the continent any more. Germany bought a third tank some months ago before the fall of Ireland, after they lost the first tank.

Malta bombarded, italian transports near Egypt.