Question on PBEM reloads

kenfedoroff

Some (but not all) of the pbem files I receive from certain e-mail opponents have no reload counter displayed. This area of the screen is blank.

By coincidence, some these same opponents are having some remarkable advances in Tech., while my scientists seem to be asleep.

What's going on here?

Sincerely,

Paranoid in Plymouth

2 non-paranoid reasons may be responsible for this.

1) Zipping and unzipping into locations then copying into sc

2) renaming files

I have noted this phenomenom in some of my saved files, however believe it is due to one of the 2 above. This is all guesswork of course.

There's no point worrying about things like that as theres nothing that can be done. TCPIP is the preferred solution but not always possible.

Like Laser squad nemesis whereby both players send moves to a server. Once both e-mails received the turn is processed. The only other solution is as per CMBB but that ends up slowing the process down even more.

Enjoy the game, note that luck can be uneven in the short term, and remember that they're not all after you. I always recognise unusual luck when I'm suspicous however maybe it's only because I am being suspicous, and not noticing the opponents bad luck as well.

Tech increases in the short term really are a matter of luck. Replaying a move over and over again to get a tech increase is a lot of work.

My suggestion is that you ask your opponent why the file doesn't show reloads ... asking if he has changed the file name, etc.

And, if you really feel your opponent is cheating then find another opponent.

Rambo you son of a gun calling innocent people like Mike "the sledgehammer" Anderson a cheater. He won Huberts fair play award and the SC devoloping award by Battlefront co IIRC.

I would say theres a lot of strange things in SC TCP/IO too, I have had some strange experience against players who seem to give themself research points in the editor. One dude I played in z-league got AT level 3 with France in turn 4.

Therefore I try to host as often as possible.

I'm guessing it may have to do with the Beta and final patch. I just looked and i've got alot of blank ones from a guy that i know is straight up and we upgraded half way through this current game.

What worries me is when i lose a size 7 battleship 70%+ readiness to a size 11 sub in one shot. then my carrier takes 5 points then all my armies take 4... that's when the chance factor really sux. That is why I'd like to see a chance selection on game creatiion that could increase or decrease depending on how serious you wanted to get.

But remeber in the end PBEM is for fun. It's not like the ladder so if you make all the right moves but chance was not on your side. Start another game ;)