U8led's 20 Man Axis vs Allies Tourny

Hello there all, you haven't heard much from me but I have been lurking around and reading this board very regularly. Great community here supporting a awesome strategic wargame.

Anyway I want to run my first tournament which I plan to track on my first ever (slightly crude) website.

http://hometown.aol.com/u8led/HomePageindex.html

The rules are simple and posted at the site but they start like this:

10 allies vs 10 axis players

2 groups

Group A 5 allies 5 axis

Group B 5 allies 5 axis

Round 1

5 allies in each group play the 5 axis in the same group

Round 2

Top 3 of Group A play top 3 of group B

Final Round

Top Dog Axis Player Plays Top Dog Allied Player in a 2500 point final duel.

You can get the details at http://members.aol.com/u8led/Rules.html

Having only been in one tournament b4 (ass-kickers tourney which was elimination and doesn't help me) I have 2 questions.

1) what do you do about players that drop out prematurely? I was thinking alternates.

2) One of the rules that I really like is random weather, how do you know that the player setting up the qb is choosing random for weather?

I plan on tracking turn numbers at the site for the current games so players will know things are progressing, and players will be able to submit screenshots if they like during battles to "taunt" or show something off, off course you might want to be careful of what info is shown in the screenshot as it will be available to the enemy or future enemies.

Well that's it if I get 10 axis and 10 allies to sign up its a go.

U8led

Originally posted by U8led:

2) One of the rules that I really like is random weather, how do you know that the player setting up the qb is choosing random for weather?

One possible solution is that you set up all games, using the scenario editor. The players send a roster for their troops and then you return the scenario file.

This will take some time and work for you though, but will also add the benefit of enhanced randomness. (Not only weather, but also ground condition.) You can also allow a much greater degree of freedom in unit picking than the point limits for each unit type in QBs.

Cheers

Olle

Thanks Ollie for trying to help but I wanted the qbs to set themselves up since all players would know who their 5 opponents are for the first round they could start all 5 games right away if they like. Also I like the limits the game sets in each catagory. And the last thing is that I wanted to be one of the players, so my setting up the games would not be a good thing... hehe.

Anyway I have decided to just let the players be honest on setting the weather to random.

This should bump the thread back up and if I get the same lack of response I guess I will just forget the whole thing.

U8led